• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CLOSED! JUNK SALE! Turning on the Fawcetts Part 3 Master, Nyoka Jungle Girl & Whiz
1 1

83 posts in this topic

15 minutes ago, Robot Man said:

Nyoka #20 June 1948 (Canadian copy)

A real flat, tight, bright, glossy copy. No missing pieces or tears at all. One of the better ones here. Has a small lower spine tear/chip. Tiny lower right corner crease that does not break color. Upper right corner has a small bend that does not break color. Slightly yellowed but real nice pages.

$30.

nyoka20a.jpg

nyoka20b.jpg

This will go good next to my US copy :takeit: 

25 minutes ago, Robot Man said:

Nyoka #29 March 1949

A fairly well worn but complete copy. Lots of small creases and edge tears mostly at bottom. Back cover has a couple small pieces out of bottom and a lot of spine creasing. Centerfold is still attached but has some small tears on edges. A real decent reader.

$20.

nyoka29a.jpg

nyoka29b.jpg

I know nothing about this comic, but I love this cover.  I'll take it!  Any idea who did the cover art?

9 minutes ago, Robot Man said:

OK, Nyoka FREEBEE time...

Nyoka #77 June 1953 Last issue

Hubba hubba, by now she needs to pack a rod to stay safe in the jungle...

Got a big hunk out of right side of cover. Otherwise a solid, tight reader with nice pages.

FREE to the first purchase of any Nyoka. Just claim it.

nyoka77a.jpg

nyoka77b.jpg

And I'll claim this too!  

Well, it seems like crickets today...:busy:  No love for Junior OR Nyoka?  Everybody just hate Fawcetts?

I'm a glutton for punishment I guess and said I'd do it. Besides, it's supposed to rain bad here tomorrow. So tomorrow I will finish off this Fawcett load with a big pile of Whiz.

13 minutes ago, Tony_H said:

I know nothing about this comic, but I love this cover.  I'll take it!  Any idea who did the cover art?

Nyoka #29 goes to Tony_H. Thank you sir. No, sadly, I don't know the cover artist for this one. Post it in GA when you get it and I'm sure some smart boardie will know.

1 hour ago, Robot Man said:

Nyoka #47 Sept 1950

Nyoka is looking hot on this giant elephant photo cover. Big 52 pages of jungle goodness.

Spine is rolled. Several light creases. A couple of small edge tears. Book has a slight musty smell but does not appear stained or water wrinkled. Tightly bound copy with nothing loose and supple, slightly yellowed pages.

$20.

nyoka47a.jpg

nyoka47b.jpg

48 minutes ago, Robot Man said:

Nyoka #9 July 1947

Cover is neatly detached from book. Tears on staples and a 3/8" right side edge tear. Back cover has some small tears at bottom. White interior pges.

$25.

nyoka9a.jpg

nyoka9b.jpg

:takeit:

7 hours ago, Robot Man said:

Master #126 Feb 1952

First Black Panther???

Small surface paper tear in center of spine. (not split or detached). Small 1/2" upper spine split. Minor spine and top of book wear. No pieces missing, major tears or creases. Book and centerfold well attached to covers.Off white, interior paper.

$25.

master126a.jpg

master126b.jpg

7 hours ago, Robot Man said:

Master #103 May 1949

Fat 52 page issue with a horror theme cover!

Slight production spine roll at bottom left corner. Top of cover has a light dust shadow. Back cover has a few tiny edge tears. A few pages in center are splitting at top of book down to top staple. No pieces missing from covers, or major tears or creases.

$20.

master103a.jpg

master103b.jpg

6 hours ago, Robot Man said:

OK FREEBEE time...

Master #131 Dec 1952

Front cover faded and discolored. Nice back cover and a very solid reader otherwise.  

FREE to the first person who buys any TWO of these cheap readers and requests it!

77E26D93-4EF9-42D6-994C-02423E5BB020.jpeg

7CB296AF-2E53-475D-B662-5C3283C25BDC.jpeg

Upcoming, a big stack of Whiz and that will end my Turning on the Fawcetts threads.

I was going to post these yesterday but ran into a bit of a snag... I woke up at 5:30 AM with a little pain in my side. Thought I might have slept funny. I soon realized it wasn't that. The pain got bad, REAL bad. I started sweating and felt real sick to my stomach. After a couple of hours my wife took me to the ER. Turned out a had a kidney stone. After about 5 hours they let me go because they had given me something to help it pass and I felt pretty good. A couple hours later the pain came back even worse so back I went. The ER here on a Sat night is a madhouse. After an hour or so, I finally got a shot of morphine and felt pretty good (real good). I went home with pain meds but didn't need them and slept all night. Woke up fine this morning but still haven't passed it yet. But feel OK other than real tired. Thought I'd try and get through these before I hit the bathroom or couch.  Moral: Hopefully, none of you ever get this. I'm a pretty tough guy but this was by far the worst pain I have ever had for about 12 hours.

Off I go for as long as I feel up to it.

6 minutes ago, Robot Man said:

Upcoming, a big stack of Whiz and that will end my Turning on the Fawcetts threads.

I was going to post these yesterday but ran into a bit of a snag... I woke up at 5:30 AM with a little pain in my side. Thought I might have slept funny. I soon realized it wasn't that. The pain got bad, REAL bad. I started sweating and felt real sick to my stomach. After a couple of hours my wife took me to the ER. Turned out a had a kidney stone. After about 5 hours they let me go because they had given me something to help it pass and I felt pretty good. A couple hours later the pain came back even worse so back I went. The ER here on a Sat night is a madhouse. After an hour or so, I finally got a shot of morphine and felt pretty good (real good). I went home with pain meds but didn't need them and slept all night. Woke up fine this morning but still haven't passed it yet. But feel OK other than real tired. Thought I'd try and get through these before I hit the bathroom or couch.  Moral: Hopefully, none of you ever get this. I'm a pretty tough guy but this was by far the worst pain I have ever had for about 12 hours.

Off I go for as long as I feel up to it.

Get well, RM.  Never experienced this but have heard, it is extremely painful.  Best wishes.

Whiz #150 Oct. 1952

Scarce, late, low distribution issue.

As with most Fawcetts from this year, it is cut funny with a long, white border on the right side. Has a tiny chip out of top spine. A long reading crease down spine. A little right corner wear. Back cover has some ink transfer stain. Book and centerfold bound well to covers. Cream, supple interior pages.

WAS $35.  NOW  $30.

whiz150a.jpg

whiz150b.jpg

Edited by Robot Man