• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The return of the Daleks . . .

3 posts in this topic

During the 1990s I commissioned British artist Ron Turner to do some new DALEKS paintings for me (five in total). Turner had provided over 50 episodes of the strip that ran during the 1960s in the UK magazine, TV21.  I later traded away all five to two different collectors in exchange for some good stuff. I always kind of regretted not keeping one example, as I'd provided the artist with my own penciled rough layouts of what I wanted his finished paintings to look like. Earlier today I managed to get back one of those five paintings . . .

https://www.comicartfans.com/gallerypiece.asp?piece=1532513

*  See additional CAF image for three of the other four paintings I traded away.

Interestingly, the collector I traded four of the paintings to later had them published in a Daleks calendar, so most actually saw print  . Even more interestingly, for the guy being exterminated in one of those paintings, I asked Ron Turner to show his skeleton appear in a kind of x-ray effect as he's being blasted. That was not something you ever saw in the original run of the TV show. Fast forward a few years to the re-booted TV series starring Christopher Eccleston . . . lo and behold, my idea crops-up!   Co-incidence?   Maybe . . . Who knows.

CGC 1.jpg

Edited by The Voord