Desert Winds Legends Tour / Help me find all the creators on this DD238
1 1

11 posts in this topic

2,772 posts

I posted this book in a Comics General thread asking about "Surprise Signatures..."

The short of it is that I somehow came to own this book where the previous owner was attempting to have all the creators sign it.

I'd like to finish the project... 

I'm in Charlotte, but no one is coming to Heroes this year (so far), but I found that Sal is doing the Legends Tour for Desert Winds Comics...

I was going to send it over, but the submission form link is broken, and they haven't responded to my emails.  Does anyone know if this is still an active event?  And, more importantly, how I can get this book to Sal?

I'm going to actually try to get this done now and plan to keep this thread going until I get everyone... If anyone could offer any help getting any of these sigs, I would super appreciate it...

(I'd like to get verified and turn this book into SS, so even getting Steve or Art again in an SS setting would be awesome)

Thank you!

This is the notecard I found inside the book

238_1-NM.jpg.af7533623995e491697a79765fdff6d0.jpg

And here are the sigs obtained by the previous owner... (I'd like to get the rest of the sigs on the cover...)

20190228_165223.jpg.3a38b68a41be1f433f2799446606c8cc.jpg

Again, thanks to anyone who could help... I'd really love to complete this project :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,293 posts
7 minutes ago, Schmakt said:

I posted this book in a Comics General thread asking about "Surprise Signatures..."

The short of it is that I somehow came to own this book where the previous owner was attempting to have all the creators sign it.

I'd like to finish the project... 

I'm in Charlotte, but no one is coming to Heroes this year (so far), but I found that Sal is doing the Legends Tour for Desert Winds Comics...

I was going to send it over, but the submission form link is broken, and they haven't responded to my emails.  Does anyone know if this is still an active event?  And, more importantly, how I can get this book to Sal?

I'm going to actually try to get this done now and plan to keep this thread going until I get everyone... If anyone could offer any help getting any of these sigs, I would super appreciate it...

(I'd like to get verified and turn this book into SS, so even getting Steve or Art again in an SS setting would be awesome)

Thank you!

This is the notecard I found inside the book

238_1-NM.jpg.af7533623995e491697a79765fdff6d0.jpg

And here are the sigs obtained by the previous owner... (I'd like to get the rest of the sigs on the cover...)

20190228_165223.jpg.3a38b68a41be1f433f2799446606c8cc.jpg

Again, thanks to anyone who could help... I'd really love to complete this project :)

Email them- they were very responsive when I reached out last year... cool book BTW

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,772 posts
Just now, Unstoppablejayd said:

Email them- they were very responsive when I reached out last year... cool book BTW

Maybe I'm just being a bit impatient... I tried that a couple of days ago with no luck, but I'll give it another shot on Monday.  Do you happen to still have the email you used?  Their website is strange... It has 2019 dates, but 2016 in the links.  Maybe I had the wrong address?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,293 posts
2 minutes ago, Schmakt said:

Maybe I'm just being a bit impatient... I tried that a couple of days ago with no luck, but I'll give it another shot on Monday.  Do you happen to still have the email you used?  Their website is strange... It has 2019 dates, but 2016 in the links.  Maybe I had the wrong address?

sharon@celestial-comics.com

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
193 posts

I have a hard time contacting them thru email as well. It takes over a week before I hear back from them. They have FB messenger that i was able to get ahold of them a little quicker.  They may have a phone number on their site too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,772 posts
2 minutes ago, Unstoppablejayd said:

sharon@celestial-comics.com

Thank you!

Just now, Antyreal said:

I have a hard time contacting them thru email as well. It takes over a week before I hear back from them. They have FB messenger that i was able to get ahold of them a little quicker.  They may have a phone number on their site too.

If the above doesn't work, I'll consider reactivating FB and travelling down that rabbit hole again.

I might have to warn all my ex-girlfriend's first though. ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9,160 posts

@Schmakt

Ann Nocenti will be at the East Coast Comic Con in May.  @Rich_Hennhas gone the last couple years, though I don't know for sure that he's going this year.  Either way, he's definitely a top facilitator in my books and it wouldn't surprise me if he could help you knock out a few on your list.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20,745 posts

@Turtle

@Schmakt

I will be at East Coast Comicon that Saturday (all day) or until it's time to leave for dinner w/Turtle!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9,160 posts
6 hours ago, Rich_Henn said:

I will be at East Coast Comicon that Saturday (all day) or until it's time to leave for dinner w/Turtle!

:tink:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,772 posts

The Legends Tour thing had me a bit scared due to the lack of communication and b/c their email box was full... I kind of just figured this book was gone, but it showed up today with Sal's signature intact and the grade still at 9.4!

Glad to get that big one out of the way... Hoping I can pick up another pair in the 2020 Con season...

(Rich, thanks for the offer! Book was in mail-limbo for several months waiting on the Sal sig... wish I could have gotten Ann at the same time, but it just wouldn't have worked out)

238SS-JansonBuscema-CGCNM.thumb.jpg.db40483310cd3ad3043dd9dd81108d61.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
123 posts

Hello all.  I know for a fact that no matter how many shows I would’ve attended or had any number of facilitators help me, I I could not come Close to these three book. Very pleased with the way things turned out. As you can see it’s a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity. I cannot say enough good things about Chander and Desert Wind Comics.  Thank you again. 

DEDC0435-7B88-4FED-92D9-4B2C42990A71.jpeg

8680A46D-76CC-464F-B0D5-8343899EF63B.jpeg

6099C16E-FC93-4219-BB31-086A38540A91.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
1 1