• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

WHAT BOOK CAN'T YOU AFFORD TO SELL?
5 5

109 posts in this topic

I never have sold a comic in 30+ years since getting into old comics, but I couldn't afford to buy back almost every comic I have since I have never paid much for any of them to begin with. The most I ever paid for a comic was 50 bucks for Suspense Comics #11 and I could never afford to get another copy now. Or my early Silver Streaks and the unnumbered issue, any Catman comics I have, early Planet comics, just anything I own pretty much because I paid almost nothing for them, rarely paying over 15 or 20 bucks for any and that was super expensive to me when I bought them. I couldn't afford anything I own nowadays or just could never find them again. Trying to find a copy of Miracle Comics #3 or Amazing Mystery Funnies V2#1 at all, let alone affordable to me again isn't going to happen.

Edited by catman76

On 3/1/2019 at 10:05 PM, Frank Mozz said:

A recent post got me thinking, at some point, many long-time collectors have had to sell one or many of there most prized books for personal reasons with the intent to buy them back at a later date. However, in today's market things have changed so what book(s) do you own that if you sold you could not afford to replace because of there CMV?

Indeed, I was just going through my boxes the other day, and noted a number of precodes that now would be difficult for me to justify the cost to replace. Happy to have them, alas for those I didn't happen to get yet!

On 3/2/2019 at 10:08 AM, Chief1332 said:

Interesting idea.. Some books are quite difficult to replace, I'm sure, but I might have a couple that I can't afford to keep because of CMV.  Allows me to buy other books that I could not otherwise afford to buy..??  Put profit to work a lil bit maybe..?  Make a few new friends and connections along the way too.

Good point! In the spirit of not looking back, sometimes there are books I can "afford to part with" if I can get "X" with the proceeds. Everyone's mileage will vary on that call. :)