• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Closed

6 posts in this topic

Hey guys (and Gals)

I picked these up at an estate sale and have 2 for sale here on the boards.  There are threads about these items somewhere on these boards.   I know that they are extremely rare.   My price for this one is $800 plus $75.00 shipping (It's extremely heavy to ship)  Or you can pick up for free in Idaho.

These will be offered for this weekend only.

Payment due within 24 hours.

No probation or Hall of fame members

THIS IS A ONE OF A KIND ORIGINAL PIECE OF MARVEL HISTORY. 

THE SPIDERMAN ARTWORK WAS ORIGINALLY DISPLAYED AT MARVEL'S REPRODUCTION WAREHOUSE IN YUMA, ARIZONA. 

THIS WAREHOUSE IS WHERE THE STATS WERE MADE, AND WHERE MATERIALS WERE USED FOR REPRINTS INCLUDING MARVEL MASTERWORKS WERE KEPT. 

THE FACILITY CLOSED IN 1985 

THERE WERE MANY BOARDS SIMILAR TO THIS ONE, FEATURING MARVEL HEROES LIKE SPIDER MAN, THOR, CAPTAIN AMERICA, AND MORE - THEY LINED THE WALLS OF THE FACILITY, INTERLOCKING TOGETHER TO FORM LARGE ART INSTALLATION. 

THE BASE OF THE ARTWORK IS MADE FROM PARTICLE BOARD, WITH THE VINYL ART BEING AFFIXED TO THE SURFACE, THEN PAINTED BLACK AROUND THE EDGES. 

SOME PIECES MAY STILL CONTAIN THE INTERLOCKING TABS TO CONNECT PIECES, AND SOME HAVE HAD THEM REMOVED. 

THERE IS PROBABLY ONLY 20 DIFFERENT ONES THAT SURVIVED THE DEMOLITION OF THE BUILDING, AND EACH ONE IS DIFFERENT. 

WHICH MEANS THIS IS A ONE OF A KIND PIECE OF MARVEL HISTORY. 

WE WERE FORTUNATE TO OBTAIN 2 PIECES FROM AN ESTATE SALE.

THIS PIECE IS 29x22 INCHES AND WEIGHS OVER 20LBS.. 

THIS IS THE PERFECT GIFT FOR THE MAN CAVE AND GUY OR GIRL WHO HAS EVERYTHING.

geek 2 .jpg

geek 3.jpg

geek1.jpg

geek4.jpg

geek5.jpg

geek6.jpg

geek7.jpg

geek8.jpg

geek9.jpg

Edited by Spideyham
you all had your chance.