• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

How to remove spots from wrong storage ?
1 1

8 posts in this topic

Hello everybody,

yesterday I got my copies of Flash Archives and Spectre Archives from ebay UK. I was happy to check the books until I found all those spots on the inner side of the jacket and on the outer side of the hardcover. Seems to me that the books got the wrong storage.

Does anybody know how I can remove those spots ?

CIMG8618.JPG

CIMG8621.JPG

CIMG8624.JPG

CIMG8625.JPG

CIMG8627.JPG

Thanks for the links !

I used the weekend to read through the material and to apply the solutions they suggested.

Stuff like laser or microwave I ignored, I don't have these things at home.

Diluted bleach may be an option, but I don't have any and wanted to try the other stuff first.

Washing soda was what I concentrated one, and I used something similar: Ox-gall soap.

Since I started with the denatured alcohol, the second step was the ox-gall soap. That was successful on the hardcover, but not on the jackets.

I found a specific stain removal liquid in the bath room, which I was told to apply for cream stains, egg stains and so on.

Most of the stains on the jacket went away with this, some were significantly smaller.

Two stains were unimpressed by my doing. On I rubbed so hard that I now have a dent instead of a stain on the jacket, the other one I decided to ignore since my mood was fading more and more.

So thank you for posting the links, I appreciate your help very much !

Bye,

Archi