• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

[CLOSED] Captain America #1 best page in book FOR SALE! Red Skull Bucky
1 1

3 posts in this topic

Hello, up for sale is the 21st page of Captain America issue 1, which is, of course, the first appearance of Captain America, Bucky and of the Red Skull.

This page is quite phenomenal and in my opinion, there is not any page which is better. This is the first fight which cap and red skull ever have and as seen in the pictures, Red Skull is exceptionally prominent in this page (leaf) and it is just classic Kirby. This books record sale was $343,000 and are obviously a holy grail for any collection, so for anyone who cannot afford a copy, this is the second to best thing. 

Some argue the problem with pages are even if for example, you have a page from Batman 1 which is the first appearance of Joker and Catwoman, many will argue that if you have a page which only joker appears and not Catwoman then it is technically not a first appearance of Catwoman, etc. although it is a page from the book which the character first appeared if the character does not appear on the page it is technically not an appearance at all.

But the brilliance of this page is portrayed by all three characters appearing.  Red Skull appears on both sides extremely prominently and is classic on both sides, then Cap appears on both sides (last panel on side 1 and on the entire page as he fights red skull on the other side) and then Bucky appears on the last panel of side 2. So this is a true first appearance of all of the characters.  

This is as good as it gets for Cap fans who cannot afford a cap 1 and these do not come up for sale all that often, I only know of 2 existing loose pages, this one and one other. The pages are very supple on this page and the colors are vibrant and not faded at all... NO BRITTLENESS AT ALL!

I am asking $2460 OBO plus the cost for priority USPS mail and insurance to cover it (if desired) with signature confirmation upon arrival. 

First  :takeit: gets it. 

DM me for any further questions.

Thank you all!

Screen Shot 2019-01-01 at 12.58.02 PM.png

s-l1600-1.jpg

Edited by Aliens

26 minutes ago, JB123 said:

You sure it's not page 22 and that there are more loose out there? Red skull strikes!

15517618040731274026603.jpg

15517618335961735195686.jpg

You have a very nice piece indeed. Yes I apologize it must have been my miscount in general of the pages. This would be page 22 not 21 and I believed this is the other page I had seen, or perhaps it was a differnt one, I cannot remember. If so I do not intend to adress that there are only my page and one other, i just mean in essence it is a rather scarce piece to find out there and I would not assume those who own a page such as this would not intend to sell it off. Truly a great piece. Congratulations!

Edited by Aliens