• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CW's BATWOMAN TV Show (2019)
1 1

155 posts in this topic

Meet the supporting cast and characters of The CW’s Batwoman

With pilot season in full swing, The CW has been focused on getting the Batwomanproject in shape for a production that will join Arrow, The Flash, Supergirl, and Legends of Tomorrow in Vancouver, Canada to film its first episode. Should the Powers That Be (a.k.a. the CW executives) be thrilled with the presentation, Batwoman will be picked up to series for the 2019-20 TV season, although it remains to be seen if it would air in this fall or the spring of 2020.

While the pilot was initially going to be directed by the pilot whisperer himself, David Nutter, Marcos Siega (God Friended Me, You, The Following,) has taken over to helm the series premiere, per Variety. As the cameras get ready to roll on Warner Bros.’ next DC series, the casting has been flying in one after another as Arrowverse casting director David Rapaport has been busy bringing together Kate Kane’s supporting characters.

Edited by Bosco685
Fall 2019

The CW’s Batwoman, starring Ruby Rose, which already was introduced as part of this season’s Arrowverse crossover, is considered a lock, and I hear it already has a writing staff in place.

Directed by Marcos Siega from a -script written by Caroline Dries, the Batwoman pilot stars Ruby Rose as Kate Kane, Rachel Skarsten as lead villain Alice, Dougray Scott Cast As Jacob Kane, Meagan Tandy as Sophie Moore, Camrus Johnson as Luke Fox, and Nicole Kang as Mary Hamilton. Caroline Dries also also serves as an executive-producing alongside Greg Berlanti, Sarah Schecht, and Geoff Johns.

6 minutes ago, Gatsby77 said:

Umm... it could work. Will watch a few episodes, but it gives off a bit of of a "Birds of Prey" vibe to me. The only good thing about that show was Mia Sara as Harley.

Actually, no. It doesn't. I have the DVD set that someone sent me, and watched it all the way through.

The biggest issue with the show is you really didn't have a strong central hero character that stood out from the rest. They tried to equalize all the lead ladies to give them equal screen time, which then allowed them to slightly wash each other out.

This looks like a very strong central character that is about women being strong. That could go over powerfully with a large portion of the CW viewers (plus those not regular CW watchers).

The first trailer for The CW's Batwoman gave us a glimpse of the Arrowverse's take on the Batsuit, but now thanks to concept artist Andy Poon, we have a much better - and well lit - look at this latest small-screen take on the iconic DC hero's costume.

As you can see, this version of the Dark Knight's duds is significantly different to most live-action interpretations we've seen in the past.

In Batwoman, Kate Kane (Ruby Rose) will emerge as Gotham's new masked vigilante in Bruce Wayne's absence, and she'll need to borrow one of her cousin's suits to achieve this - after a few slight modifications, of course.