• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CW's BATWOMAN TV Show (2019)
1 1

155 posts in this topic

10 hours ago, evilskip said:

I've bailed out on the CW super hero shows. After a half a season of this one, I was tired of it being Alice, Alice, Alice.

Exactly, Alice, Alice, Alice.

What made "Gotham" so much better, they had some of the characters we were familiar with. I'm thinking...it's Gotham. Where is the Riddler, Penguin and Catwoman for starters. I am 100% certain with some of the episodes involving these character; perhaps even in their semi-retirement years. It could be so much more interesting to see what they are up to while the bat's away.  IMO opinion, the writers are hand cuffed, being forced to write about the same Harlequin wannabe week after week. I'm certain there must be some licensing issues involved here, as to the reasons why, but then why were they able to use these characters in Gotham?

Admittedly I watch all the CW shows, but the Marvel shows and Titans on Netflix are so much better.

9 hours ago, ninanina said:

Exactly, Alice, Alice, Alice.

What made "Gotham" so much better, they had some of the characters we were familiar with. I'm thinking...it's Gotham. Where is the Riddler, Penguin and Catwoman for starters. I am 100% certain with some of the episodes involving these character; perhaps even in their semi-retirement years. It could be so much more interesting to see what they are up to while the bat's away.  IMO opinion, the writers are hand cuffed, being forced to write about the same Harlequin wannabe week after week. I'm certain there must be some licensing issues involved here, as to the reasons why, but then why were they able to use these characters in Gotham?

Admittedly I watch all the CW shows, but the Marvel shows and Titans on Netflix are so much better.

I think what the CW shows have proven out is expectations have changed, and the days of having traditional long seasons where you have to insert filler episodes to appease the audiences are for the most part gone. It only detracts from the show's image and satisfaction ratings when you try the old ways across all of these Arrowverse shows.

Gotham definitely was a wild ride as it was character-rich with wildly portrayed versions of widely known and unknown comic book entities to keep the freshness going for the most part. Penguin, Riddler, Hugo Strange, Catwoman, Joker, MR Freeze, Solomon Grundy, Mad Hatter, Ra's al Ghul, Scarecrow, Bane all getting a shot in the spotlight.

I agree, these streaming-cycle shows are so much better because they can keep things tight and on-point. No time for wasted fillers leaving people wondering later on why they even took time out of their day to watch THAT episode. Doom Patrol, Swamp Thing, Titans, Daredevil, Punisher all seemed to stick the landing. And for the most part, Luke Cage and Jessica Jones Season 1 too.

1 hour ago, Ken Aldred said:

I'm at episode 8, and this is one of the most boring super-hero series I've ever watched.

It really is sad how fast I lost interest in this show. And I love watching strong female characters come together over time like this show hinted. This just was too painfully drawn out.

On 5/21/2020 at 6:27 PM, Bosco685 said:

I would 2nd that, shes an ex-MMA fighter and can kick , she's been a positive role model in the LGBT community and has more personality than that piece of drift wood that had the Bat suit on previously.

On 6/9/2020 at 8:53 PM, Ken Aldred said:

I'm at episode 8, and this is one of the most boring super-hero series I've ever watched.

I'm surprised you made it that far, I couldn't get past the first episode, bad writing, awful acting I didn't think a CW show could get worse.

3 hours ago, bane said:

I'm surprised you made it that far, I couldn't get past the first episode, bad writing, awful acting I didn't think a CW show could get worse.

I made it to the end of episode 2 and read plot summaries of the rest. It doesn't get better.

I'm a fan of the character in the comics and if they tried to even get ballpark of the characters, it might have been watchable, even with the laughably bad acting. 

On 6/11/2020 at 8:17 PM, bane said:

You gave up after 45 minutes - shocking!

I had the first 11 episodes on my PVR.  Finished watching them and realised I was still only halfway through the series, and just gave up on punishing myself with its extreme tediousness.

I’d gone far enough.

Meet your new Batwoman.

EW has learned that God Friended Me's Javicia Leslie has been cast as the Crimson Knight on the CW's Batwoman. The first Black actress to play the DC Comics heroine in live-action, Leslie is stepping into the void left by Ruby Rose, who portrayed Batwoman/Kate Kane and exited the series at the end of season 1.

"I am extremely proud to be the first Black actress to play the iconic role of Batwoman on television, and as a bisexual woman, I am honored to join this groundbreaking show which has been such a trailblazer for the LGBTQ+ community," Leslie said in a statement.

As EW previously reported, the new Batwoman's civilian alter ego is named Ryan Wilder and is the complete opposite of Rose's Kate. Here's the official character description: "Ryan Wilder is about to become Batwoman. She's likable, messy, a little goofy and untamed.

She's also nothing like Kate Kane, the woman who wore the Batsuit before her. With no one in her life to keep her on track, Ryan spent years as a drug-runner, dodging the GCPD and masking her pain with bad habits. Today Ryan lives in her van with her plant. A girl who would steal milk for an alley cat and could also kill you with her bare hands, Ryan is the most dangerous type of fighter: highly skilled and wildly undisciplined. An out lesbian. Athletic. Raw. Passionate. Fallible. And very much not your stereotypical All-American hero." As of right now, it appears as though Ryan is an original character and doesn't have an analogue in the comics.

Even though someone new is stepping picking up the Batwoman mantle, the Warner Bros. TV series won't forget about Kate Kane — which showrunner Caroline Dries made clear after news broke that the show was going to introduce a new character instead of recasting Rose's part.

"As a lesbian who's been working as a writer for the past fifteen years, I'm well aware of the "Bury Your Gays" trope and I have no interest in participating in it," Dries said in a statement. "That's why it's important to me as the showrunner to clarify any misinformation out there about Kate Kane and recasting Batwoman. Like you, I love Kate Kane — she's the reason I wanted to do the show. We'll never erase her. In fact, her disappearance will be one of the mysteries of season two. I don't want to give away any of our surprises, but to all our devoted fans, please know that LGBTQ+ justice is at the very core of what Batwoman is and we have no intention of abandoning that."

On 7/9/2020 at 7:10 AM, theCapraAegagrus said:

Not complaining, just wondering; Has there been a black Batwoman in comics?

I don't think so. 

Actually I think this is brilliant.

If you are going to have a new character then make her totally different. the worst part of Last season was the relationship and family drama. 

They can break this and do a proper Batwoman vs criminals without the family drama

Edited by Ares
Meant to Say Batwoman

52 minutes ago, Ares said:

I don't think so. 

Actually I think this is brilliant.

if you are going to have a new character then make her totally different. the worst part of Last season was the relationship and family drama. 

they can break this and do a proper Batman vs criminals without the family drama

:news:

What he said!

:news: