• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CW's BATWOMAN TV Show (2019)
1 1

155 posts in this topic

BATWOMAN - PANEL

Gotham’s newest hero is suited up and ready — and she’s here! Join executive producers Caroline Dries and Sarah Schechter plus cast members Rachel Skarsten, Meagan Tandy, Camrus Johnson and Nicole Kang for the exclusive first discussion with the highly anticipated new Batwoman Javicia Leslie as she prepares to step into the iconic role. The cast will break down season one and give a sneak peek at season two, featuring new arrival Ryan Wilder, aka Batwoman. 40 min

A brand new character will be taking up the mantle of Batwoman when The CW's superhero series returns to the air in January 2021. But before fans meet Javicia Leslie's heroine Ryan Wilder, she'll first be appearing in DC's comic book universe.

DC just released a new preview of Batgirl #50, an issue that explores the aftermath of the recent Joker War crossover. As Barbara Gordon struggles to move forward from that ordeal and figure out the next phase of both her costumed and professional careers, she bumps into an old friend from her librarian days. That's right, Barbara Gordon and Ryan Wilder already have a history together. 

While the preview pages only give us a brief glimpse of Ryan, it seems she's a longtime Gotham City resident who's spent a great deal of time living on the streets. She certainly seems mistrustful of authority in general and the politically connected Barbara in particular, which definitely tracks with what little we know about the Arrowverse version so far.

It's fitting that DC would debut Ryan Wilder in a Batgirl comic ahead of her first TV appearance. The publisher actually introduced the Barbara Gordon version of Batgirl in a similar way. Though the Barbara Gordon version of Batgirl was technically conceived for the 1966 Batman TV series by producer William Dozier, the character was first fleshed out by editor Julie Schwartz, writer Gardner Fox and artist Carmine Infantino in the Batman comics. Barbara first appeared in 1967's Detective Comics #359, several months before Yvonne Craig's Batgirl debuted on the TV series.

This debut certainly suggests DC Comics has big plans for Ryan Wilder alongside Batwoman: Season 2. But given that Batgirl #50 is also a series finale, it may be a few months before readers really learn what that entails.

On 10/27/2020 at 6:26 AM, Bosco685 said:

New Batwoman design.

Batwoman.thumb.jpg.0ddc51322a8e76a3e8ec26a70bf1e38d.jpg

As a woman, she is quite stunning and has beautiful hair which enhances her looks.

As Batwoman, any baddie thinks 'grab her by the hair'!

I get that she wants to keep her hair as a person - but for this role, as Batwoman, it just seems a bit silly. I'd imagine Phoenix or Ledger type 'Jokers' would have it on fire in the first 3 seconds....

But hey, the shows been garbage from day 1 so why let dangerously long hair get in the way (shrug)

It's petty, but for some reason really bugs me!

3 hours ago, Beige said:

As a woman, she is quite stunning and has beautiful hair which enhances her looks.

As Batwoman, any baddie thinks 'grab her by the hair'!

I get that she wants to keep her hair as a person - but for this role, as Batwoman, it just seems a bit silly. I'd imagine Phoenix or Ledger type 'Jokers' would have it on fire in the first 3 seconds....

But hey, the shows been garbage from day 1 so why let dangerously long hair get in the way (shrug)

It's petty, but for some reason really bugs me!

Reminds me of a conversation I had with my girlfriend about why all the women MMA fighters go with cornrows/braids

On 10/27/2020 at 6:26 AM, Bosco685 said:

Edited by Beige

I thought it was good. Obviously I'm bummed we don't get to see out the planned Hush storyline, but I'll live. They're not quite going in the direction I thought they would with Kate's disappearance--I expected something closer to Luke in Episode VII, where there's no assumption of death, but I also am assuming the character will be confirmed as alive by midseason. Ryan is good, if not as adversarial as I thought she'd be. Overall a strong start to a weird season.

The CW is kicking February off with a blizzard (ha!) of renewals, picking up additional seasons of a dozen current series — including breakout hit Walker.

In addition to the aforementioned Jared Padalecki-fronted reboot, the list of shows confirmed to return for the 2021-22 TV season includes:

• The Flash (Season 8)
  • Riverdale (Season 6)
  • DC’s Legends of Tomorrow (Season 7)
  • All American (Season 4)
  • Charmed (Season 4)
  • Legacies (Season 4)
  • In the Dark (Season 4)
  • Roswell, New Mexico (Season 4)
  • Batwoman (Season 3)
  • Nancy Drew (Season 3)
  • Dynasty (Season 5)

As previously reported, the soon-to-launch new seasons of Supergirl and Black Lightning will be both series last.

Additionally, Superman & Lois  — which is set to bow on Feb. 23 — has received an order for two additional episodes, bringing its Season 1 total to 15. (A Season 2 pickup for S&L is TBD.) Meanwhile, The CW is expanding Walker‘s inaugural season by 5 episodes, for a grand total of 18.

“Though we’re just a few weeks into the new season, we wanted to get a strategic head start on next season with these early renewals, which allows our production teams to start laying out story arcs and hiring staff, and at the same time, continues to provide us with a strong, stable schedule to build on for next season,” said CW Chairman and CEO Mark Pedowitz in a statement. “As The CW’s 2020-2021 season kicks into high gear, we are thrilled creatively with the direction of our first new shows out of the gate, Walker and Superman & Lois, that we wanted to order the additional episodes to complete their first seasons, and we are particularly pleased with the huge success of the launch of Walker, which debuted as our most watched series premiere in 5 years.”