• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CW's BATWOMAN TV Show (2019)
1 1

155 posts in this topic

With a third season on the way, Batwoman appears set to introduce a few new characters. According to a report from The Illuminerdi, Renee Montoya will appear in the next season of the CW drama. Joining her are two new characters, Jada Jet and her son, Marquis. Alongside this news, the Illuminerdi also revealed descriptions for each of the new characters.

Renee Montoya is described as
“a former GCPD officer who left the department due to GCPD’s treatment of Gotham’s marginalized citizens. Montoya has been relegated to a paper-pusher, now in charge of the “freaks division” in the Mayor’s office. Virtuous and practical Renee is on a personal, and enigmatic, mission to clean up Gotham’s streets the right way by any means necessary.”

Jada Jet is described as
“a Black woman in her late forties to early fifties. Jada Jet is the CEO of Jet Industries, an impassioned, industrious, and powerful woman who has worked her way to the top. Jada is exceptionally protective of her reckless and at times menacing son, Marquis. Jada has a deep past that forced to give up her first child and while she has a good heart, she will do anything to protect her family.”

Marquis Jet is described as
“Jada’s son, a Black man in his early 20s. Described as “a sexy playboy” Marquis has grown up in a luxurious lifestyle, too charming for his own good Marquis brandishes his power with the attitude of a scoundrel. As a child Marquis had a run-in with one of Batman’s more dangerous villains and his personality was forever changed, causing him to find delight in the suffering and terror of others, which can only be kept in check by his mother. Marquis hides his malice behind humor, but he is someone that shouldn’t be crossed. Reckless, volatile, and with a proclivity for lashing out when triggered.”

Further casting details remain unknown at this time. Batwoman returns in October on the CW.

“Batwoman” has found its Poison Ivy. The CW series has cast Bridget Regan as the iconic DC supervillain for the show’s third season, Variety has learned.

Poison Ivy, a.k.a Pamela Isley, is as former botany student of Gotham University described as a passionate, brilliant scientist with a mind for changing the world for the better. But her plans shifted when she was experimented on by a colleague, injected with various plant toxins which turned her into the infamous Batman villain Poison Ivy. With a formidable power coursing through her veins, Pamela used her powers to do what she thought was right, even if Batman and those closest to her disagreed with her dangerous methods. Now effectively wiped off the board for years, Batwoman and the Bat Team must prepare themselves for Poison Ivy to return with a vengeance.

Regan will appear on “Batwoman” in a recurring guest star role. This is not her first time in a live-action comic book series, having previously appeared on the ABC series “Agent Carter.” She recently starred in the limited series “Paradise Lost” and is also known for roles on shows like “The Last Ship,” “Jane the Virgin,” and “White Collar.”

Batwoman finally got interesting

shotsfired.gif.00454761f1f029c524a965785d533fee.gif

Warner Bros TV has fired back against “Batwoman” star Ruby Rose’s Tuesday accusations about her time working on The CW series and the abusive workplace that led to her exit from the show, saying that the actress was fired after “multiple complaints” about her behavior.

The studio said in a statement to TheWrap Wednesday: “Despite the revisionist history that Ruby Rose is now sharing online aimed at the producers, the cast and crew, the network, and the Studio, the truth is that Warner Bros. Television had decided not to exercise its option to engage Ruby for season two of ‘Batwoman’ based on multiple complaints about workplace behavior that were extensively reviewed and handled privately out of respect for all concerned.”

An individual with knowledge of Rose’s exit says that investigations into these complaints about Rose went on for months before they chose not to pick up her option for Season 2.

Nick Creegan had no idea what he was getting himself into.

When the actor auditioned for the role of Marquis Jet, Jada’s (Robin Givens) son on Batwoman, the actor had no clue he would become an iteration of The Joker. But, as he points out, it was clear from the beginning that Marquis was not entirely stable.

Creegan joined The CW series starring Javicia Leslie based on DC characters for season three, which concluded Wednesday. While at the same time making the iconic villain his own,  Creegan also made history, becoming the first Black actor to play the Clown Prince of Crime.

Tell me about how you landed the role. Did you have any inkling that Marquis would become an iteration of The Joker? 

When I did the self-tape audition, I had zero clue that I was going to be The Joker. But there were weird little vibes I got when I read the sides. Even though I was auditioning for Marquis Jet, I felt that sort of crazy in the way that he was speaking, and was curious what this guy would turn into. My friend who was helping me with the self-tape made a joke, saying, “Well, you have on a purple shirt. That would be hilarious if you became The Joker.” I brushed it off. Then, when I got the role, [showrunner] Caroline Dries called me the day before I was going to fly to Vancouver and said, “You become our new Joker.” My mouth dropped. It didn’t register. I lost it.

Batwoman’s time in Gotham has come to an end.

The CW has canceled the DC Comics drama after three seasons. Showrunner Caroline Dries shared the news on social media Friday.

“Just got the sad news that Batwoman will not be seeing [season four],” Dries wrote on Twitter. “I am bummed, but full of gratitude. What an honor to make 51 episodes.”