• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CW's BATWOMAN TV Show (2019)
1 1

155 posts in this topic

On ‎10‎/‎11‎/‎2019 at 7:25 PM, ninanina said:

I liked it and will keep watching it but was unimpressed with how...within 24 hours, the batsuit was tailored to fit her and simply by seeing all those wonderful toys in the batcave she knew how to use them without any training or coaching whatsoever. Like someone already said. way too rushed.

She has been doing ninja training for years, any ninja could figure out how to use these bat gadgets!

The CW has picked up nine additional episodes of both of its new fall series, Batwoman and Nancy Drew, bringing both series to full-season orders with 22 episodes each.

This is a pretty early vote of confidence from the CW, which starts its season two weeks after the major broadcast networks. The full-season orders come after three airings each for Batwoman and Nancy Drew and two weeks earlier than the CW’s back orders last fall. Back then, the network also picked up additional episodes of all of its new fall series but one, Charmed, got a full-season 22-episode pickup with a traditional Back 9 order while the other two, All American and Legacies, received three more episodes each. (All three were eventually renewed for a second season.)

Both Batwoman and Nancy Drew have done well with delayed viewing, seeing significant increases in overall audience once viewership from DVR and streaming from CW digital platforms is factored in. Batwoman‘s linear ratings have grown 73% among adults 18-34 and 80% in adults 18-49 in L+7, while Nancy Drew has posted 94% gains in adults 18-34 and 114% in adults 18-49 in L+7, according to the CW and Nielsen.

The CW has a bigger incentive than before to prolong the runs of series that are strong digital performers. Batwoman, Nancy Drew (and the upcoming Katy Keene) are the first CW series to come after the end of the Netflix output deal, with the CW having full in-season streaming rights vs. the traditional five most recent episodes only. This allows the CW to stream all episodes from the shows’ current seasons and monetize fans binging during the holidays for example.

Wow!

This is a shocker: Ruby Rose, the star of the CW’s freshman drama series Batwoman, is leaving the Warner Bros. TV/Berlanti Prods. drama after one season. The series, which already has been renewed for a second season, will continue with the title role getting recast.

“I have made the very difficult decision to not return to Batwoman next season,” Rose said in a statement “This was not a decision I made lightly as I have the utmost respect for the cast, crew and everyone involved with the show in both Vancouver and in Los Angeles.”

Rose was a major get when she was cast as Batwoman in summer 2018, originally for the 2018-19 Arrowverse crossover, and later for a full-fledged pilot, written by Caroline Dries based on the DC characters, which went to series, executive produced by Dries and Berlanti Prods.’ Greg Berlanti and Sarah Schechter. Rose acknowledged the series’ creative team as well as the heads of the CW, Mark Pedowitz, and Warner Bros.’ TV operation, Peter Roth.

“I am beyond appreciative to Greg Berlanti, Sarah Schechter and Caroline Dries for not only giving me this incredible opportunity, but for welcoming me into the DC universe they have so beautifully created,” she said. “Thank you Peter Roth and Mark Pedowitz and the teams at Warner Bros. and The CW who put so much into the show and always believed in me. Thank you to everyone who made season one a success – I am truly grateful.”

WWE’s Sonya Deville is the latest entertainer to express interest in being the new Batwoman.

With the sudden news of Ruby Rose’s exit from The CW’s Batwoman, there’s been a flurry of speculation about who might step to the plate as Arrowverse’s next Batwoman. News of Rose’s exit came quite unexpectedly for fans, especially since the show was just newly renewed for a second season. However, it seems The CW already has plenty of willing actresses offering up their acting skills for consideration.

Brooklyn Nine-Nine‘s Stephanie Beatriz was one of the first to throw her hat into the ring following the news of Rose’s exit. While Stephanie Beatriz is openly bisexual, and her work as Rosa on Brooklyn Nine-Nine certainly makes it seem like she’d be perfect for the role of Kate Kane, there’s another name that’s come up to be considered for the role. WWE’s Sonya Deville has also expressed interest in being the new Batwoman.

I watched one episode of this trite garbage, I won't be watching anymore.

I thought a possum had died under the floorboards until I realised the stink was coming from the TV.

Just thought it was, bad.

On 10/9/2019 at 9:00 PM, Hawkman said:

It's more than obvious why men are reviewing these projects so negatively. It's also shameful and disgusting.

What?

Do you believe this? I mean do you really believe it? Are you one of those people who goes for a job, doesn't get it and then looks for every excuse under the sun including assuming bigotry, prejudice...whatever?

To assume people don't like it because it involved mainly women is not only a huge leap, but pretty disgusting in itself.

I like good acting and great actors. It makes no difference to me which way their chromosomes lean.

The show is bad, the acting is lame. It sucks.

I'll pretty much guarantee that the people here who may agree with this opinion, have not formed it based on gender bias or bigotry. (thumbsu

Following Ruby Rose's exit as Kate Kane, Batwoman will see an all-new character take the mantle as the series' leading superhero.

The news was revealed in a now-deleted casting call, which was posted to Reddit and reported on by Decider (via The Hollywood Reporter). The new character is referred to as Ryan Wilder, but that could be a placeholder name. Either way, the new Batwoman is apparently "nothing like Kate Kane" – "likeable, messy, a little goofy, and untamed."

After finding sobriety and leaving behind a life of dangerous drug habits and business practices, Wilder lives in her van before coming to know the role of Batwoman. According to the casting description, Wilder "would steal milk for an alley cat but could also kill you with her bare hands."

In a joint statement from Warner Bros., The CW, and Berlanti Productions released at the time of Ruby Rose's exit, the parties involved expressed their commitment to casting another actor from the LGBTQ+ community. Likewise, the new Batwoman is described as an "out-Lesbian" and the casting call encourages gay actors to submit their portfolios.

Unfortunately, nothing about the new Batwoman's story as it relates to Kate Kane was revealed, so we don't yet know how the transition happens. Batwoman season 2 is scheduled to premiere in 2021.

I've bailed out on the CW super hero shows. After a half a season of this one, I was tired of it being Alice, Alice, Alice.

The Flash had a fantastic first season and has gone downhill steadily ever since. Finally kicked the habit of that one.

The crossovers are fun, but after that it is the SOS.