• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CW's BATWOMAN TV Show (2019)
1 1

155 posts in this topic

Do bots always vote? 
What about when something is obviously bad and it gets a good rating? Is that bots? I know zero about bots...but I just called 2 female friends who didn't like the show either. I don't have any other female friends who I know watched it.

Maybe it's female bots?

1 minute ago, skypinkblu said:

I don't know, maybe a 2? I tried watching the whole thing. I also try to be kind when rating. 

I love Batman, I was hoping for something I would enjoy.

I watched it and saw the same flaws with a Pilot episode (I wonder what we are expecting of pilots nowadays). A 1.0/10 would be extremely harsh.

But maybe because my criteria for that rating would be the show had a 1) Title, 2) Release window, 3) Actors and creators that showed up and 4) Scenes to watch - but none of it came together in any solid way.

That's just me. I felt like the show can improve a lot, but was far from a bomb. Not that people can't dislike it. :foryou:

1 minute ago, skypinkblu said:

Do bots always vote? 
What about when something is obviously bad and it gets a good rating? Is that bots? I know zero about bots...but I just called 2 female friends who didn't like the show either. I don't have any other female friends who I know watched it.

Maybe it's female bots?

I just called 5 female friends, 3 male friends and 1 gerbil (his name is Willy) and they all said "It's okay. Could be better!" But I will check with Gilly the Gator. That dude is tough.

Meanwhile, yes. Bots vote and have been used even by studios to boost an Audience Rating with RT.

On 3/7/2019 at 8:19 AM, Bosco685 said:

There was even a situation back in 2018 where the Gotti film studio identified critics that were noted on RT as providing a negative review, and started to attack them directly. Along with working with marketing to boost the audience score as a counterpunch to the critic scores.

Is MoviePass Manipulating User Reviews on Rotten Tomatoes to Get Butts in Seats?

Not wasting any time in finding someone to blame for their misfortunes at the box office, Gotti’s marketing team quickly took to attacking the critics who panned their movie, calling them out of touch and unable to identify what audiences really want. They backed up this accusation by pointing towards the very same platform that seems to have caused all the trouble in the first place: Rotten Tomatoes.

Once again, that Tomatometer rating rests firmly at a 0%. That’s 0 fresh reviews, compared to 26 rotten, with an average rating clocking in at a miserable 2.4/10. The critic's consensus byline simply (and hilariously) reads: “Fugheddaboudit.” The marketing team zeroed in on another statistic, however, and that is the Tomatometer's stark contrast to the “audience score." The rating which signifies any random user's affinity towards a film is at an unusually high 74%.

gotti01.png.c2d5218bc08aeebd5a7e62ebb97701f8.png

Dan Murrel of ScreenJunkies tweeted out his own suspicions this morning, noticing, “On Rotten Tomatoes, the movie Gotti has a quite unique score of 0% BUT it has a really good 77% audience score; looking at it, it has over 6,900 user reviews which is an insane number for a movie that opened to a miserable $1.7 million on 500 screens.” 

So thank goodness the Audience Anticipation Score is gone prior to a film coming out. But the studios still have a way to influence the Audience Score once a film is released.

1 minute ago, faster friends said:

I liked it about the same as black lightening.

I like Black Lightening, lol. My husband doesn't, too much teen stuff for him, but I watch it when I ride my exercise bike...same for Riverdale, although I'm kind of giving up on that one.

3 minutes ago, faster friends said:

I liked it about the same as black lightening.

That's exactly how I felt. It was like Black Lightning's pilot where it was an intro, eased in each character for later use, but there was no WOW there. Just a going through the motions leading to better later episodes.

I kind of liked the first episode. I'm not really sure what qualifies her to be a super hero though. While she seems to be able to beat the krap out of henchmen she had trouble with a seemingly untrained villainess, but who knows, maybe alice went to r'as al ghul's bad girl summer camp or something. I do find ruby rose really hot though, but not in a sexual way, hard to explain, kind of like Melissa benoist too, adorable and compelling to look at. I usually don't find skinny and tats hot, but for whatever reason, it works for her and she does have a lovely face.

Edited by the blob

On ‎9‎/‎22‎/‎2019 at 9:16 PM, Beige said:

Ruby Rose is not, and never will be, Australia's greatest contributor to the world of acting.

Probably her best was in Orange is the new black, but she really is very poor in everything else I have seen (local stuff)

I will seriously have a hard time believing she can hold a major show together - especially as the lead.

She's the Arrowverse's Fish Mooney

She is adorable.

Edited by the blob

They do need to work on a supporting cast. That security guard dude is not cutting it. And her step sister...I dunno. Now that Legends is ovr maybe they can resurrect white canary, although I think they want to stay away from a permanent love interest. They probably need every patron of Meow Mix to watch this 7 times a week. Worked for Xena.

2 hours ago, the blob said:

They do need to work on a supporting cast. That security guard dude is not cutting it. And her step sister...I dunno. Now that Legends is ovr maybe they can resurrect white canary, although I think they want to stay away from a permanent love interest. They probably need every patron of Meow Mix to watch this 7 times a week. Worked for Xena.

The security guard is Luke Fox, Lucius son.  Like most of the back story, they screwed him up, too.

https://batman.fandom.com/wiki/Batwing_(Luke_Fox)

1 hour ago, PunisherPunisherPunisher said:

It's safe to say Ruby Rose is a lock for the Academy Award :baiting:

I don't think she is any worse than most of the other cw actresses. I think the actress playing killer frost is a pretty decent actress and Lena luthor is played by someone, but much beyond that...

I liked it and will keep watching it but was unimpressed with how...within 24 hours, the batsuit was tailored to fit her and simply by seeing all those wonderful toys in the batcave she knew how to use them without any training or coaching whatsoever. Like someone already said. way too rushed.

19 hours ago, ninanina said:

I liked it and will keep watching it but was unimpressed with how...within 24 hours, the batsuit was tailored to fit her and simply by seeing all those wonderful toys in the batcave she knew how to use them without any training or coaching whatsoever. Like someone already said. way too rushed.

Great, so she is now "Bat-Rey"?