• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CW's BATWOMAN TV Show (2019)
1 1

155 posts in this topic

Just catching up on this series now (way behind on the CW shows, and figured I'd watch up to the Crisis crossover before watching all of those together).

Interesting tidbit of info: the actor who portrays Jacob Kane was originally cast as Wolverine for the Fox X-Men movies but had to bow out due to a scheduling conflict with another movie.

On 3/12/2021 at 11:26 PM, GeeksAreMyPeeps said:

Interesting tidbit of info: the actor who portrays Jacob Kane was originally cast as Wolverine for the Fox X-Men movies but had to bow out due to a scheduling conflict with another movie.

He wouldn't have been terrible? Obviously with hindsight nobody would've been better than Hugh Jackman, but, eh, not the worst original casting choice.

16 minutes ago, bpc3qh said:

He wouldn't have been terrible? Obviously with hindsight nobody would've been better than Hugh Jackman, but, eh, not the worst original casting choice.

Wolverine_height.gif.2abd96116a33d0b4a80803ad27c2eadc.gif

Honestly, I think the stars aligned on his coming into the role. Especially over time how he dedicated himself so much in the role we received Days of Future Past, The Wolverine and Logan.

Krypton actress will replace Ruby Rose as the character makes a return appearance.

Batwoman's second season has undeniably been filled with surprises in its first nine episodes — and now it looks like the biggest one was just confirmed offscreen. Shortly after the airing of the season's ninth episode, "Survived Much Worse", TVLine confirmed that Krypton and The Royals star Wallis Day will be playing the role of Kate Kane in Season 2, taking over the character for Ruby Rose. Day was cited as one of the most popular casting suggestions among fans after Rose departed the role last summer, and some had already been speculating that she could be joining the series in some capacity.

“Wallis Day is going to be playing our altered version of Kate Kane, and she’s an amazing actress,” showrunner Caroline Dries explained. “I’m excited for you guys to see the journey that she endures.”

Tonight's episode seemed to provide a definitive — albeit, more complicated — conclusion to Kate's story, with Julia Pennyworth confirming that DNA matching Kate's remains from her seemingly-deadly plane crash had washed up outside of Bludhaven. To make things more complicated, the episode's final sequence showed a bandaged woman who appeared to be Kate (who was wearing the matching red necklaces that she and Alice have) hiding in the basement of a Gotham barbershop.

While it had seemed (briefly) as if Kate would definitively be dead within the world of the show, fans will surely be excited and curious to see what Day brings to the character — and exactly how that intersects with the current Batwoman, Ryan Wilder (Javicia Leslie). Given the cultural significance both on and offscreen that Leslie's take on Batwoman has had so far, the idea of Kate — albeit, a new Kate — returning, and what that means for the overall mantle, is definitely going to get complicated in the back half of the season.

:applause:

On 3/22/2021 at 11:24 PM, drotto said:

They are reportedly pulling the Kate will look different because she needed plastic surgery after the accident soap opera trick.

They could've done that in 1-2 episodes without ever bringing in a new Batwoman, but whatever. The new Batwoman has been fine, especially when she isn't in costume.

wallis day is super hot, so that works. i would like to watch this. i got sidetracked around episode 7 or something. i did find the alice stuff a bit monotonous.

13 minutes ago, Hudson said:

After the most recent episode, I deleted this show from any further recordings on the DVR.

Wow!

So even with the new lead, this is a CW bust?

11 hours ago, skypinkblu said:

Not Stargirl, or Superman and Lois, I like those two.

I cannot agree more that Stargirl has not yet fallen into the pit that most of their other shows are in.  In fact, I cannot wait until the next season starts.  So far I give it an A+.

I only saw pieces of the pilot episode of the Superman and Lois show.  If you say it is better than Batwoman (give that an F), Kung Fu (another F), and Flash (give that a C), then maybe I will give it a watch.

I do still watch Supergirl, which I find better than Batwoman, Kung Fu, and Flash, but nowhere near the level of Stargirl.

2 hours ago, Hudson said:

I cannot agree more that Stargirl has not yet fallen into the pit that most of their other shows are in.  In fact, I cannot wait until the next season starts.  So far I give it an A+.

I only saw pieces of the pilot episode of the Superman and Lois show.  If you say it is better than Batwoman (give that an F), Kung Fu (another F), and Flash (give that a C), then maybe I will give it a watch.

I do still watch Supergirl, which I find better than Batwoman, Kung Fu, and Flash, but nowhere near the level of Stargirl.

Head and shoulders above fellow Arrowverse shows, and just as engaging as Stargirl. I'll have to trust you on Batmanwoman, as after Season 1 Ep. 1-2 I gave up on that show. Even with the new Batwoman until I saw some positive feedback.

1 hour ago, Bosco685 said:

Head and shoulders above fellow Arrowverse shows, and just as engaging as Stargirl. I'll have to trust you on Batmanwoman, as after Season 1 Ep. 1-2 I gave up on that show. Even with the new Batwoman until I saw some positive feedback.

Thank you, sir.

If you and Sharon both give it positive feedback than I am happy to give it a try.  It would be great to have something decent to watch.

I tried that Katy Keene show when it first came out.  After about 10 or 15 minutes, I shut it off.  Glad they didn't waste film making more than one season of that.

I am a big fan of Stargirl.  I watch it with my daughter and it seems to have good, wholesome messages; the kind of things I want my children to be taught.

I actually kind of like this series and, oddly, have not found season 2 all that problematic so far. I know it is hokey and trying hard to make a statement, but I am ok with it. I do think it would make more sense if Luke had done something with the suit so that it helps augment strength and such, because I don't care how good they are at martial arts, neither of these 110 pound gals can realistically beat the heck out of an army of goons.

Anyway, I'd like to see where this is going with Kate and all. Just wish they'd give Kara a call and they could fix everything witha J'Onn Jazz martian mindmelfd. And I like that Alice is getting a little less cray.

I’d actually forgotten it was on, after episode 2.

That excited by the new season.

Edited by Ken Aldred