• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

$1 Bins to Benjamins : The Drek That Becomes $Gold$
1 1

31 posts in this topic

Name 1 book you look at now and go WTF is that up on the wall for and why is it that much money and 1 book you think you'll be saying the same about in 5 years?

Now: She-Hulk 1

5 Years: Youngblood 1

61V8afhufqL._SX336_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

Youngblood_01_cover.jpg

Edited by Krydel4
Clarity

As soon as the movie is announced the first app. of Shaft and Badrock will skyrocket in price. Doesn't matter how crappy a character or concept is now, as long as they have a series or movie to drive the spec. Get on the train now. 😁

44 minutes ago, kav said:

I bought youngbluh for 50 cents but doubt it will ever go anywhere.

13 minutes ago, James J Johnson said:

I remember seeing some of these with Liefeld metallic ink signed and numbered covers on ebay, and elsewhere, that didn't sell for much more than that.

1 minute ago, Krydel4 said:

As soon as the movie is announced the first app. of Shaft and Badrock will skyrocket in price. Doesn't matter how crappy a character or concept is now, as long as they have a series or movie to drive the spec. Get on the train now. 😁

:flipbait:

Pretty sure New Gods #1 and Forever People #1 are undervalued.  When they spike it will happen quickly.  Remember I predicted the spike in FF Annual #6.

20 minutes ago, Artboy99 said:

as a seller stuff gets put up on my wall and I think to myself "why did I just put THAT on my wall?" Then it sells and I make sure I do it again.

That's because of the mentality of not wanting to be left out or pass up a perceived good opportunity.  If I see everyone standing in a line for a reason I cannot easily see why I ask someone on that line what is everyone waiting for. They obviously know something that I do not. 

If I see She Hulk 1 on the wall then maybe this seller knew something about She Hulk that made it worth putting on the wall... now my fascination is piqued. 

However, most of the time, at least for me, people are standing in line around to get a new pair of Jordans. With that, I usually just shrug and walk away. 

11 minutes ago, OtherEric said:

Now:  Marvel Super-Heroes #8 (90's series).  No matter how much I love the character and the current series, it boggles my mind.

No guess on the "in 5 years" book, sorry.

Afterlife with Archie.

12 hours ago, Mecha_Fantastic said:

*BITCOINSWAMI Intensifies*

At first I laughed at this comment and I know this thread is purely for fun.

But as more threads like these glorify the speculative monetary rewards of comic book collecting, the more bitcoinwudy and hollywoodwudy-type posters we seem to see.

It's one thing to put in the time & energy to indeed profit from the hobby as many of the board veterans have, but it makes it seem too easy to make a quick buck to our newer members (who may only be here due to a Google search result).

The more threads about flipping/speculation/movie hype in Comics General they see, the more they will believe its appropriate behavior to blast their posts away. Still a fan of talking about this subject, but there are several threads in every forum (well, maybe not the Golden Age section) about what's the next big book that should contain these comments for all to benefit from as opposed to plastered randomly across the site. Let's be real, the "Search" function on the boards leaves a lot to be desired, the more we can keep related information in one place the better the benefit to all users.

Now I'll go back to yelling at the clouds....:preach: