• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

$1 Bins to Benjamins : The Drek That Becomes $Gold$
1 1

31 posts in this topic

I don't mind speculation-type threads from folks with less than 10 posts if they use ALL CAPS. It really bring home the seriousness of their passing fancy. Now what POS comics from the past am I surprised sells for big money nowadays:

1. Dazzler 1.

2. Rom 1

What POS comic from today do I think will sell for big money in the future? Don't know as time and experience has taught me not to spend money on stuff that's a POS. Except for food. I like some crappy tasting food.

Present: Off the top of my head - JO134

Future: Hard to predict a book that's not hot now, but will spike in 5 years yet we'll be scratching our heads as to why..... so how about X-Force 1 :grin:

17 hours ago, Krydel4 said:

Name 1 book you look at now and go WTF is that up on the wall for and why is it that much money and 1 book you think you'll be saying the same about in 5 years?

Now: She-Hulk 1

5 Years: Youngblood 1

61V8afhufqL._SX336_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

Youngblood_01_cover.jpg

Not sure I would put she hulk up there. It's one of Stan Lee's last characters he helped create and write. Prominent character featured as a member of many teams and frequently has her own pub. I'd say she is priced right. 

16 minutes ago, Blastaar said:

Not sure I would put she hulk up there. It's one of Stan Lee's last characters he helped create and write. Prominent character featured as a member of many teams and frequently has her own pub. I'd say she is priced right. 

Meant no offense to the She-Hulk fans out there. My point is more towards B-list and C-list characters that a couple of years ago no one would have given a second thought to are now being prominently featured at shows and online as having this propped up increased value. The last couple of shows I was at vendors had Savage She-Hulk 1s up on their walls. For me it was a "Oh yeah, She-Hulk. Forgot about her. How much is that VG+? $70!!! For She-Hulk. Really." I was just using that as an example of overinflated worth based upon what? May or may not be made into movie or series one day? It's still She- Hulk. And I like She-Hulk, just don't think she's worth 70 bucks in VG+. 

53 minutes ago, Krydel4 said:

Meant no offense to the She-Hulk fans out there. My point is more towards B-list and C-list characters that a couple of years ago no one would have given a second thought to are now being prominently featured at shows and online as having this propped up increased value. The last couple of shows I was at vendors had Savage She-Hulk 1s up on their walls. For me it was a "Oh yeah, She-Hulk. Forgot about her. How much is that VG+? $70!!! For She-Hulk. Really." I was just using that as an example of overinflated worth based upon what? May or may not be made into movie or series one day? It's still She- Hulk. And I like She-Hulk, just don't think she's worth 70 bucks in VG+. 

I had to laugh because I ran into a older seller who ran a thrift store for a bunch of years and kind of lived in his own bubble.  He set up at a local  show and used a older price guide to pull out 30 long boxes of books that were priced higher and priced them at $5 for bulk buyers.  He had 30 She-Hulk 1s and maybe 20 Spider-Woman 1s and countless others and was shocked when I loaded up a long box full of stuff.  He had always thought of those books as drek and could not imagine a world were people were clambering for She-Hulk 1s.

Edited by 1Cool

4 minutes ago, 1Cool said:

I had to laugh because I ran into a older seller who ran a thrift store for a bunch of years and kind of lived in his own bubble.  He set up at a local  show and used a older price guide to pull out 30 long boxes of books that were priced higher and priced them at $5 for bulk buyers.  He had 30 She-Hulk 1s and maybe 20 Spider-Woman 1s and countless others and was shocked when I loaded up a long box full of stuff.  He had always thought of those books as drek and could not imagine a world were people were clambering for She-Hulk 1s.

All you did, was WIN!