• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

2019 March Madness Grading Tournament Prize Thread
6 6

422 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, 01TheDude said:

5 people gave you their picks that are left to pick?

Yes, I've been sending out group Pms and almost everyone in the next group Pm has given me a list.

Yes, #3 would be in my top 10, perhaps top 5.  And I like Kav's art, it was a #1 pick for someone but I think he changed his mind because of the strike .  It's an eclectic assortment of prizes and 20 guys can ignore a prize and that prize is a 1st or 2nd pick for someone else. 

2 minutes ago, thehumantorch said:

Yes, I've been sending out group Pms and almost everyone in the next group Pm has given me a list.

Yes, #3 would be in my top 10, perhaps top 5.  And I like Kav's art, it was a #1 pick for someone but I think he changed his mind because of the strike .  It's an eclectic assortment of prizes and 20 guys can ignore a prize and that prize is a 1st or 2nd pick for someone else. 

NO doubt-- my first two choices (I avoided ranking the last minute mystery boxes that I knew would not be around) -- were picked just before it got to my turn. I had that Rick and Morty set as my #1 originally. Still got #3 so I'm very happy.

1 minute ago, thehumantorch said:

THB takes Prize #3 Donated by comicdonna

Wilbur #32, 34, 36, Patsy Walker #4, Patsy Walker #74, Patsy Walker #75

@Warlord  hope you're around to pick :baiting:

Bah, manual picking is for suckers.  But looks like my snipe failed, so here's my pick:

Prize #9 Donated by flashlites
A $25 Visa gift card and throw in a winners choice package that features one of the 3 comics pictured below. There will be a few                other mystery comics (related) thrown in depending on which feature book you choose. Sound good? There will be 3 choices:

-Hawk and Dove package
          - Little Lulu package (1950's rescued from HPB. I couldn't let her go unappreciated any longer)
          -Savage Heroes package

7 minutes ago, Warlord said:

Hawk & Dove - I'm hoping the mystery theme is DC goodness :cloud9:  Thank you!

I think you will be pleased! please PM me, I got this just now when I tried to PM you?

To Required

• warloard ×

warloard cannot receive messages.

2 hours ago, 01TheDude said:

unless you mean the guy with the handle @thedude I'm not sure what I did other than pla in the tournament and try to throw in some useful information early on during the picking process. Ph and try to get a hold of kav (failed). No-- the guys who deserve the praise are @BlowUpTheMoon @sckao and @thehumantorch  

But as long as were on the topic-- I think @KobaltDog is still on the clock.

By the way @sckao  regarding trying to figure out the best way to break a tie when neither player has any bullseyes-- couldn't you just base on the highest score they got the round and down the line until there was some difference? I guess that might not resolve all ties but maybe work backward into the previous round at that point. Just a thought. Maybe not for this picking list-- that is -- but in future contests. The way you have the list as it now is is probably pretty fair.

D’oh!

I could look at the seeding round. :tonofbricks: