• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

2019 March Madness Grading Tournament Prize Thread
6 6

422 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Cliff R. said:

I'm going to use that to my advantage when I start selling on the boards.

"The only award winning undergrader on the boards. Buy with confidence knowing that these books will probably grade a full point higher by CGC".

:whistle:

But true I'm my case as well😀

In the seeding round I undergraded almost everything. I got better at it though. But in the later rounds more often than not I would find when I was off on a book it was usually in that direction. My 3.0 would be CGC 4.0 or 4.5 even. I did learn to be more lenient, minimizing the defects, giving more credence to the books attributes. Being as generous as possible helped me quite a bit. I got closer, I scored  6 or 7 bullseyes. I will have to remember those lessons for the next contest.hm

1 hour ago, 01TheDude said:

Kind of surprised that none of these have responded so far.

I'm guessing they just haven't checked in yet.

For guys who've donated unpicked prizes I'd appreciate it if you could hang onto them for a few more days to see if they get claimed.

As the guy running the prize thread I really appreciate everyone who donated a prize and I can't thank all of you enough.

1 hour ago, flashlites said:

In the seeding round I undergraded almost everything. I got better at it though. But in the later rounds more often than not I would find when I was off on a book it was usually in that direction. My 3.0 would be CGC 4.0 or 4.5 even. I did learn to be more lenient, minimizing the defects, giving more credence to the books attributes. Being as generous as possible helped me quite a bit. I got closer, I scored  6 or 7 bullseyes. I will have to remember those lessons for the next contest.hm

I've always tended to undergrade in these contests.  You'd think you'd score a better mark when you undergrade.  

On 4/3/2019 at 9:07 PM, 01TheDude said:

ALSO -- Who/How do we determine this prize?

Special Prize Donated by Bkd Reader @Bkd Reader
          $25 Amazon gift card emailed over for the last place finisher (lowest entering score + first round exit). If it's a tie, I'll think of something but both will get a prize

So who got the lowest entering score that was bumped in the first round and participated (sent grades) for each round? Sorry, have been out of town and missed the end of the contest.

1 hour ago, Bkd Reader said:

So who got the lowest entering score that was bumped in the first round and participated (sent grades) for each round? Sorry, have been out of town and missed the end of the contest.

from sckao

@Cliff R. scored 16 in the First Round (after the Seeding Round). That was the lowest I think. 

40 minutes ago, toro said:

So I got home last night and saw a FedEx box.  Opened it up and it was the She-Hulk #1 that I picked.  Wow, thank you @Wipple that was even faster than Amazon.  ^^

Jeez that's fast, he must have mailed it before you picked it.  Amazing.  Wipple should now be a verb for fast shipping.

Guys, if you donated something please contact the boardie who picked it and Wipple it .

On 4/5/2019 at 9:38 AM, thehumantorch said:

from sckao

@Cliff R. scored 16 in the First Round (after the Seeding Round). That was the lowest I think. 

Actually I think its @TwoPiece He had the lowest seeding round score and was a first round casualty. Nice work to @flashlites on pulling the first round upset and saving me a bit of cash. Thanks! Message heading your way @TwoPiece