• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

2019 March Madness Grading Tournament Prize Thread
6 6

422 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, Ron C. said:

I was really looking at Kav's cool sketches, but I wasn't sure what the issues were. Either way... cool sketches Kav!

Kav has got a strike and can't post here right now.  I don't know why or for how long.  While I believe he'll be back and everything will be fine I don't know what's going on and there's always the possibility he will never come back or there will be some type of issue.  Yes, they're cool and he's a pretty dang good artist.

26 minutes ago, sckao said:

Not a Moderator any more... Not even a partial one I think. @DeadOne would more likely be one than either Flying Donut or myself at this point. (We were able to see certain things normal users couldn't.)

I can only do a limited number of things in the VCC section, no where else. Strikes/suspensions are between admins. and offenders only since the 2016's big switch.

58 minutes ago, thehumantorch said:

Kav has got a strike and can't post here right now.  I don't know why or for how long.  While I believe he'll be back and everything will be fine I don't know what's going on and there's always the possibility he will never come back or there will be some type of issue.  Yes, they're cool and he's a pretty dang good artist.

Oh he'll  be back.:headbang:

3 hours ago, oakman29 said:

Thanks to Blowie, Skao, the dude, and you Dave for doing all this.(worship)

unless you mean the guy with the handle @thedude I'm not sure what I did other than pla in the tournament and try to throw in some useful information early on during the picking process. Ph and try to get a hold of kav (failed). No-- the guys who deserve the praise are @BlowUpTheMoon @sckao and @thehumantorch  

But as long as were on the topic-- I think @KobaltDog is still on the clock.

By the way @sckao  regarding trying to figure out the best way to break a tie when neither player has any bullseyes-- couldn't you just base on the highest score they got the round and down the line until there was some difference? I guess that might not resolve all ties but maybe work backward into the previous round at that point. Just a thought. Maybe not for this picking list-- that is -- but in future contests. The way you have the list as it now is is probably pretty fair.

2 minutes ago, 01TheDude said:

unless you mean the guy with the handle @thedude I'm not sure what I did other than pla in the tournament and try to throw in some useful information early on during the picking process. Ph and try to get a hold of kav (failed). No-- the guys who deserve the praise are @BlowUpTheMoon @sckao and @thehumantorch  

By the way @sckao  regarding trying to figure out the best way to break a tie when neither player has any bullseyes-- couldn't you just base on the highest score they got the round and down the line until there was some difference? I guess that might not resolve all ties but maybe work backward into the previous round at that point. Just a thought. Maybe not for this picking list-- that is -- but in future contests. The way you have the list as it now is is probably pretty fair.

Don't you think helping with this thread isn't in need of recognition?

I think so.....

7 minutes ago, 01TheDude said:

You have been trying to keep this thread moving forward as I seem to recall you did last year and I certainly appreciate it.  I keep getting called back into work to solve problems and it's derailing my efforts.  I should be here for the rest of the night.

KobaltDog gets skipped until he's around to pick from the remaining prizes and we move on to @JollyComics

On 3/4/2019 at 7:26 PM, thehumantorch said:

13 kav 82  Skipped
18 Dcman 50 skipped
27 canickus 65 (65). Skipped
31 MediumLover 60 (54)  Skipped
35 KobaltDog 52
36 JollyComics 51
37 fastballspecial 50 (70)
38 journeyintocomics 50 (55)
39 1Cool 50 (34)
40 THB 44
41 Warlord 42
42 shark 40 (78)
43 JWKyle 40 (68)
44 musicmeta 40 (57)
45 SonofWolf 40 (55)
46 godquest 37
47 Richard The Man 36
48 tbshay -15 

current selection list including those we had to skip...

might be time to skip @KobaltDog  and move on to @JollyComics  (It has been over an hour)

1 minute ago, thehumantorch said:

You have been trying to keep this thread moving forward as I seem to recall you did last year and I certainly appreciate it.  I keep getting called back into work to solve problems and it's derailing my efforts.  I should be here for the rest of the night.

KobaltDog gets skipped until he's around to pick from the remaining prizes and we move on to @JollyComics

glad to help -- mostly because I want to see if my stuff gets picked eventually-- but also just to help.

I have been back and forth on the thread due to work myself but I am now back for a while.

I apologize but I have been off the grid.   Great tournament and I feel good that I was eliminated by a perfect score.  

Congrats to the winners and much thanks to the hosts. 

I am good with 38, 34, or 26 if available. Or coal for Christmas as punishment for not being responsive.  

1 minute ago, canickus said:

I apologize but I have been off the grid.   Great tournament and I feel good that I was eliminated by a perfect score.  

Congrats to the winners and much thanks to the hosts. 

I am good with 38, 34, or 26 if available. Or coal for Christmas as punishment for not being responsive.  

Not your fault, some of us have a life outside of this board :facepalm:  #34 is yours.