2019 March Madness Grading Tournament Prize Thread
10 10

422 posts in this topic

771 posts
1 hour ago, Cliff R. said:

I'm going to use that to my advantage when I start selling on the boards.

 "The only award winning undergrader on the boards. Buy with confidence knowing that these books will probably grade a full point higher by CGC".

:whistle:

But true I'm my case as well😀

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
771 posts

In the seeding round I undergraded almost everything. I got better at it though. But in the later rounds more often than not I would find when I was off on a book it was usually in that direction. My 3.0 would be CGC 4.0 or 4.5 even. I did learn to be more lenient, minimizing the defects, giving more credence to the books attributes. Being as generous as possible helped me quite a bit. I got closer, I scored  6 or 7 bullseyes. I will have to remember those lessons for the next contest.hm

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27,444 posts
1 hour ago, 01TheDude said:

Kind of surprised that none of these have responded so far.

I'm guessing they just haven't checked in yet.

For guys who've donated unpicked prizes I'd appreciate it if you could hang onto them for a few more days to see if they get claimed.

As the guy running the prize thread I really appreciate everyone who donated a prize and I can't thank all of you enough.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4,257 posts

Am I too late ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27,444 posts
1 hour ago, flashlites said:

In the seeding round I undergraded almost everything. I got better at it though. But in the later rounds more often than not I would find when I was off on a book it was usually in that direction. My 3.0 would be CGC 4.0 or 4.5 even. I did learn to be more lenient, minimizing the defects, giving more credence to the books attributes. Being as generous as possible helped me quite a bit. I got closer, I scored  6 or 7 bullseyes. I will have to remember those lessons for the next contest.hm

I've always tended to undergrade in these contests.  You'd think you'd score a better mark when you undergrade.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27,444 posts
1 minute ago, MediumLover said:

Am I too late ?

We had to skip your pick :sorry: but there are prizes still available on the first page

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4,257 posts

No problem.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4,257 posts

I'll take  Prize #28 if available.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27,444 posts
15 minutes ago, MediumLover said:

I'll take  Prize #28 if available.

Thanks, nice pick.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23,408 posts

I’ll take prizes next year :-)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
71 posts
On 4/3/2019 at 9:07 PM, 01TheDude said:

ALSO -- Who/How do we determine this prize?

Special Prize Donated by Bkd Reader @Bkd Reader
          $25 Amazon gift card emailed over for the last place finisher (lowest entering score + first round exit). If it's a tie, I'll think of something but both will get a prize

So who got the lowest entering score that was bumped in the first round and participated (sent grades) for each round? Sorry, have been out of town and missed the end of the contest.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27,444 posts
1 hour ago, Bkd Reader said:

So who got the lowest entering score that was bumped in the first round and participated (sent grades) for each round? Sorry, have been out of town and missed the end of the contest.

from sckao

@Cliff R. scored 16 in the First Round (after the Seeding Round). That was the lowest I think. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6,611 posts

So I got home last night and saw a FedEx box.  Opened it up and it was the She-Hulk #1 that I picked.  Wow, thank you @Wipple that was even faster than Amazon.  ^^

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27,444 posts
40 minutes ago, toro said:

So I got home last night and saw a FedEx box.  Opened it up and it was the She-Hulk #1 that I picked.  Wow, thank you @Wipple that was even faster than Amazon.  ^^

Jeez that's fast, he must have mailed it before you picked it.  Amazing.  Wipple should now be a verb for fast shipping.

Guys, if you donated something please contact the boardie who picked it and Wipple it .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27,444 posts
7 minutes ago, KobaltDog said:

I want the Prize #1 @Kav OA!!! 

You got it.  It was the first pick on at least 1 list and near the top of several.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
71 posts
On 4/5/2019 at 9:38 AM, thehumantorch said:

from sckao

@Cliff R. scored 16 in the First Round (after the Seeding Round). That was the lowest I think. 

Actually I think its @TwoPiece He had the lowest seeding round score and was a first round casualty. Nice work to @flashlites on pulling the first round upset and saving me a bit of cash. Thanks! Message heading your way @TwoPiece

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
10 10