• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Peter Parker and Gwen Stacy Wedding
1 1

27 posts in this topic

24 minutes ago, HighVoltage said:

Some of the artwork is really inspired & lovely.

It has it's own look, but it also has a blend of Gil Kane, Steranko, Ross Andru and Romita too.

Fun stuff - I hope to see it collected. :wishluck:  (thumbsu

Do you have any examples you can post?  Would love to see it.  

5 hours ago, Spider-Variant said:

Do you have any examples you can post?  Would love to see it.  

The artist's name is José Luis González Durán, I believe.

There is an interview on the interwebs where he talks about why he got the job of illustrating the title.

The Spanish publisher printed the book every two weeks, and were looking for more material.

Also - the issue of the marriage, as I understand it, is a dream - or just Pete's thoughts as he gets KO'd.

By the end of the issue & moving forward with the new material, he isn't married to Gwen. But, Gwen does

continue to show up in the new stories.

I believe issue #123 is Durán's first issue - and it looks like he's channeling some Neal Adams...

SpanSpidey123.jpg

SpanSpidey124.jpg

SpanSpidey125.jpg

7 minutes ago, HighVoltage said:

"Marriage" issue... great Splash page.

SpanSpidey128.jpg

Love the Goblin here. Looks a proper nutter. Gwen looks lovely with an extra pound or two too. 

4 minutes ago, Get Marwood & I said:

Love the Goblin here. Looks a proper nutter. Gwen looks lovely with an extra pound or two too. 

Agree on all accounts.

Just a great image of Gwen. Not sure she appeared any better on a cover in the original Spidey run?

And GG looks properly crazy for sure.

OMG, this looks better than much of the real Amazing Spider-Man run from the mid-70s and early '80s (there's not a ton of bright spots between #150-237, IMO). 

I would be all over an English translation of this series. :wishluck: