• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Marvel Spotlight #5 **GRADING RESULTS ADDED**

30 posts in this topic

Super happy for you! :headbang:

But sweet jeebus...how? With the spine dings, the staple stress, and the dings along the bottom cover? 

I know CGC grades a gazillion books and they're overloaded, but the inconsistency of grading really sucks (at least with the 800+ books I've sent in). 

It shouldn't be grading roulette. :wishluck:

2 hours ago, MatterEaterLad said:

Super happy for you! :headbang:

But sweet jeebus...how? With the spine dings, the staple stress, and the dings along the bottom cover? 

I know CGC grades a gazillion books and they're overloaded, but the inconsistency of grading really sucks (at least with the 800+ books I've sent in). 

It shouldn't be grading roulette. :wishluck:

Yea I got screwed on others too, so there’s two sides to that coin...

I even sent in a book that’s coming back detached and complete spine split. Neither were the case before I sent it in (was one staple attached and partial spine split), and CGC’s response is there’s nothing they can (aka will) do for me. I even offered pictures, they don’t care. I understand covers sometimes get detached through the process, believe that’s a known risk with certain beat books, but to rip the cover in half? Never heard anyone have that happen before...someone please chime in if this has happened to them. The odd thing is the notes indicate “moderate” spine stress lol, but label says split. Interested to see this when I get the book back in-hand...

On 8/5/2019 at 10:58 AM, Callaway29 said:

This was the biggest shocker of my submission folks...

9.2 WHITE :banana: Did not press...

I looked at these pics and was thats a 9.4 then I saw all the 6.5, 7, 8 guesses and was like wtf

On 8/7/2019 at 12:26 PM, Callaway29 said:

Never heard anyone have that happen before...someone please chime in if this has happened to them

I actually sent in some to CGC and they notified me they had damaged (cut) the top book while opening the box. I know what's coming. You must not have packed it properly. But I did. No idea how they could have done that. But it was cool that they admitted that and offered to work with me to make it right. I don't recall the resolution or even if I was happy with it (probably not). But was very surprised at the admission of guilt. I have no doubt I was the exception to the rule.