• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Golden age and various comics for sale LB Cole covers, Crime, Atlas,Captain Marvel, Jimmy Olsen 1, The Spirit, Jungle, Wings, War & romance comics. NOW 10% OFF, OR 15% IF YOU ALREADY MADE A PURCHASE.CLOSING AT 1PM PACIFIC TIME TODAY
6 6

192 posts in this topic

Been awhile since I did this and I've talked about it for quite awhile, having stacks and stacks of books that I've put aside for it.  So finally here is my (mostly) Golden Age sales thread, This will run the several stacks of books that I've set aside for this and will be in completely random order. I've tried to grade everything fairly and price accordingly, but if you see something you don't agree with or want to shoot me a lower offer, I encourage it.

MY RULES

NO HOS OR PL MEMBERS

First  (or variation of I'll take it) posted in thread wins or via PM wins. Timestamp deciding factor.

OFFERS ENCOURAGED VIA PM

PAYMENT INFO

Paypal payments preferred, check/money order possible.

Payment expected within 48 hours of invoicing - if you need additional time, please contact me

SHIPPING INFO

Shipping will be at cost.

ABOUT ME

I've been buying/selling comics here for a bit of time. Have made several deals with established board members. I have feedback in the kudos section if you want to check it out.

BOOKS

books have NOT been pressed, which in some cases will be very obvious.  Not saying you should or shouldn't and while I doubt any of these will press up to an 11, some books may benefit from such things. All I can say is that none were pressed previously to the best of my knowledge

RETURN POLICY
15 day return policy

Edited by oceans11

Real Life Comics 22 Schomburg cover on this 1945 war comic. Single staple. I always dig the Buy War Bonds and Stamps for Victory flag on the covers of books from this era.

F+ $65.00

Real Life 22 a.jpg

Real Life 22 b.jpg

Edited by oceans11

Approved Comics 6 - Daring Adventures. Matt Baker cover. That top edge has ink that runs through the entire book that knocks it down. Otherwise this is just a nice book. F- $90.00 SOLD

Approved comics 6 a.jpg

Approved comics 6 b.jpg

Edited by oceans11

New Adventures of Charlie Chan 3  Listed as scarce, this book is unfortunately beat. Piece missing from the spine. Piece missing from back. Piece missing from bottom corner. Staining on the side. You get the idea. I'm putting this at Poor. But hey.. scarce, right? Let's do $25.00

charlie chan 3 a.jpg

charlie chan 3 b.jpg

Edited by oceans11

Crime Reporter 1. Classic cover, at least in my opinion. Staple rust and migration is the big issue here. And a little color break crease down the middle. I may regret selling this one but lets say it's VG/F and put it at $175.00 SOLD

Crime Reporter 1 a.jpg

Crime Reporter 1 b.jpg

Edited by oceans11

Buzzy 38 - 52 big pages of America's Favorite Teen-ager. (though I thought that was Archie, right?). Anyways, this is a nice DC title here with a rip on the side of the cover that goes towards the lifeguard's face, and a name written on the cover.

VG $25.00

Buzzy 38 a.jpg

Buzzy 38 b.jpg

Edited by oceans11

6 minutes ago, oceans11 said:

Crime Reporter 1. Classic cover, at least in my opinion. Staple rust and migration is the big issue here. And a little color break crease down the middle. I may regret selling this one but lets say it's VG/F and put it at $175.00

Crime Reporter 1 a.jpg

Crime Reporter 1 b.jpg

I’ll take it

Crime and Punishment 51 . More from Gleason, Biro, and Wood. Pretty brutal cover here as they force guys out of the plane. Just the way I like my crime books.

That stain and discoloration on the top, but otherwise nice copy. Let's say VG though and go $30.00

crime and punishment 51 a.jpg

crime and punishment 51 b.jpg

Edited by oceans11

Captain Easy 14. Boat collision and GGA. The front presents nicer than the back, only cause that small piece missing on the side. Nice colors on this one and of course a girl in a red dress.

VG/F $75.00

captain easy 14 a.jpg

captain easy 14 b.jpg

Blue Beetle 41. It's ugly here. Really ugly. Lots of tape. Piece missing from the top. Multiple creases. Did I mention lots of tape? But it's complete and has some good stories inside.

So the low price of $20 for this reader copy. SOLD

Blue Beetle  a.jpg

Blue Beetle b.jpg

Edited by oceans11

Strange Planets 18. Sci-Fi cover in this Superior comics reprinting older stories . I still dig it and any lady that can shoot green rays from her fingertips is ok in my book. F/VF $30.00

strange planets 18 a.jpg

strange planets 18 b.jpg

Human Torch 38. The good news here is that it's an old Atlas book. You know, the classic stories and art you expect from that era. The bad news... well.. the centerfold is missing. And the spine is rough, with the chips and split from bottom to bottom staple. Cover is attached though. The book has a feeling like it was read a lot and it's got general wear all over. If you can live with the missing centerfold, which removes the text story and the first page of the Submariner story, then it's still decent.

Poor due to missing wrap but it's Atlas so let's do $45.00  SOLD

human torch 38 a.jpg

human torch 38 b.jpg

Edited by oceans11

1 minute ago, oceans11 said:

Human Torch 38. The good news here is that it's an old Atlas book. You know, the classic stories and art you expect from that era. The bad news... well.. the centerfold is missing. And the spine is rough, with the chips and split from bottom to bottom staple. Cover is attached though. The book has a feeling like it was read a lot and it's got general wear all over. If you can live with the missing centerfold, which removes the text story and the first page of the Submariner story, then it's still decent.

Poor due to missing wrap but it's Atlas so let's do $45.00

human torch 38 a.jpg

human torch 38 b.jpg

:takeit:

Shadow Comics Volume 5 #6 Single staple book that shows a bit of wear to it. Fighting pirates and proving Crime Does Not Pay, this is just  cool 1945 comic. G/VG $65.00 SOLD

shadow vol 5 6 a.jpg

shadow vol 5 6 b.jpg

Edited by oceans11

Journey Into Unknown Worlds 59  Just great stories from Atlas even after the code was implemented. Personally I love this stuff. This one is a nice solid VG copy. $60.00

journey into unknown 59 a.jpg

journey into unknown 59 b.jpg

Edited by oceans11

Journey Into Unknow Worlds 56. Atlas. Standard chipping on the side and a couple long creases. Still nice colors on the cover here. Did I say I love this stuff? Solid VG copy here. $55.00

journey into unknown 56 a.jpg

journey into unknown 56 b.jpg

Edited by oceans11