• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Golden age and various comics for sale LB Cole covers, Crime, Atlas,Captain Marvel, Jimmy Olsen 1, The Spirit, Jungle, Wings, War & romance comics. NOW 10% OFF, OR 15% IF YOU ALREADY MADE A PURCHASE.CLOSING AT 1PM PACIFIC TIME TODAY
6 6

192 posts in this topic

Wanted 38 This is also very low grade. I'd put it at a 2.5 range but it's complete and the cover is attached. Let's do Free to anyone who has bought a book in this thread.

wanted 38 a.jpg

wanted 38 b.jpg

Edited by oceans11

Wanted 48. Yeah, surprise, another low grade copy of this title. Bullets are flying on this one though. Got this free from another boardie at one time, so I'm passing that one. Free to anyone who has purchased something. Post to claim it.

wanted 48 a.jpg

wanted 48 b.jpg

Wanted 42. Finally a nicer copy here. Single staple book. Spine split though. Couple inches on the side 3/4 of the way down. Then another small inch below that. Otherwise this book is nice and it's got a Murder Inc story. VG/F $55.00 SOLD

wanted 42 a.jpg

wanted 42 b.jpg

Edited by oceans11

Dell Four Color 167 Lone Ranger. One of the few westerns that will show up in this thread. This one's just got a cool feel to it. A bit of a curl on the bottom right hand side. Could be fixed with pressing if you're into that type of thing. Westerns have the reputation of not selling so I'm expecting this to kind of sit here, but it really should be grabbed up cause it's just a nice book. I'd say it's right about F . Let's do $45.00 for it.

lone ranger 167 a.jpg

lone ranger 167 b.jpg

Dead Eye Western Vol.1 #2 This book is gorgeous. Deep purple and striking red. The colors are vibrant. The gloss is really nice. The book just feels really good to hold. I'm tempted to keep this one myself but we'll leave it here for now.

Really nice F/VF copy. $68.00 SOLD

dead eye western 2 a.jpg

dead eye western 2 b.jpg

Edited by oceans11

36 minutes ago, oceans11 said:

Airboy Vol 4 #1 Yeah.. you thought some of the other books in this thread were a mess. This might be the absolute worst that I have. Got this one off ebay years back and it was nowhere near described. I should have returned it but I didn't and it's been sitting in the collection ever since. Until I pulled it out the other day for this listing. Detached and split cover. Tear on front cover that goes 2/3 of the way across, at the bottom feet of the Elephant. Large piece out of side. Book is intact inside and complete. Should've sold this as coverless and I'd do better. But let's do Free for anyone who's bought something in this thread. Post to claim it.

airboy a.jpg

airboy b.jpg

I will take this mess.

11 minutes ago, oceans11 said:

Wanted 42. Finally a nicer copy here. Single staple book. Spine split though. Couple inches on the side 3/4 of the way down. Then another small inch below that. Otherwise this book is nice and it's got a Murder Inc story. VG/F $55.00

wanted 42 a.jpg

wanted 42 b.jpg

:takeit: simply can't pass up on this Buscema cover.

4 Most Vol. 7 # 2 It's a dynamic LB Cole cover on this book that's got a bit of wear on the edge and the bottom corner. The top staple has some wear also, but cover is attached and it's complete with it's 52 pages of thrills. Put this at a VG/F range. $60.00

four most vol 7 2 a.jpg

four most vol 7 2 b.jpg

Edited by oceans11

My Romantic Adventures 80 A race between Romance and Death? What's not to like here? ACG Romance book from 1957. Nice clean copy of this book and I'd say it's F/VF range. $30.00

Romantic Adventueres 80 a.jpg

romantic adventures 80 b.jpg

Edited by oceans11

Adventures Into The Unknown 23. Damn I love this cover so much. Love it that I ended up with another copy and I contemplated keeping this one. I'm trying not to be a hoarder though, so here it is for sale. It's got that piece out of the back cover, which knocks it down the most. General wear and a couple chips out of the spine. Cover still attached though. Also some chipping on the right side, enough that you'd swear it was a 60's Marvel book, but instead it's just a great ACG cover. VG with that piece missing . $75.00 SOLD

adventures unknown 23 a.jpg

adventures unknown 23 b.jpg

Edited by oceans11

Ok, that's all for today. If all goes right, I will be back tomorrow with a stack of Captain Marvel books and good stack of Romance books. There should be a Rangers and a Wings in there as well. Plus whatever else I can gather. I know some of this here today is low grade uhm.. affordable grade, stuff and we will get better and better as this thread progresses. This was just the first pile that I grabbed for scanning today. Thank you to all who bought something so far and for those who just came in and looked around.

1 hour ago, oceans11 said:

Airboy Vol 4 #1 Yeah.. you thought some of the other books in this thread were a mess. This might be the absolute worst that I have. Got this one off ebay years back and it was nowhere near described. I should have returned it but I didn't and it's been sitting in the collection ever since. Until I pulled it out the other day for this listing. Detached and split cover. Tear on front cover that goes 2/3 of the way across, at the bottom feet of the Elephant. Large piece out of side. Book is intact inside and complete. Should've sold this as coverless and I'd do better. But let's do Free for anyone who's bought something in this thread. Post to claim it.

airboy a.jpg

airboy b.jpg

Fight Comics 43  Tape on the detached and split cover. inside book is brittle. Inside front and back page are detached. Love this cover and bought this awhile back and taking a loss on it.

with the issues, I'd say it's G range.   $25.00

fight 43 a.jpg

fight 43 b.jpg

Adventures Into The Unknown 23. Damn I love this cover so much. Love it that I ended up with another copy and I contemplated keeping this one. I'm trying not to be a hoarder though, so here it is for sale. It's got that piece out of the back cover, which knocks it down the most. General wear and a couple chips out of the spine. Cover still attached though. Also some chipping on the right side, enough that you'd swear it was a 60's Marvel book, but instead it's just a great ACG cover. VG with that piece missing . $75.00

adventures unknown 23 a.jpg

adventures unknown 23 b.jpg

:takeit: Im The Golden Age Elephant Guy!

4 hours ago, oceans11 said:

Dead Eye Western Vol.1 #2 This book is gorgeous. Deep purple and striking red. The colors are vibrant. The gloss is really nice. The book just feels really good to hold. I'm tempted to keep this one myself but we'll leave it here for now.

Really nice F/VF copy. $68.00

dead eye western 2 a.jpg

dead eye western 2 b.jpg

Take per pm, thanks!

Real quick .. I’ve been pulling more books for this sale , so that’s taken some time. I’ll clean this up here in a little bit and update all the sold books. I’ll probably recap tomorrow morning and get to scanning. I’ll try to get a teaser shot of upcoming books  here in a little bit . 

Edited by oceans11

18 hours ago, oceans11 said:

Giggle Comics 54. This books is just so very nice. If it was anything but a funny animal book in this shape it would be hundreds of dollars. But alas it's a funny animal book. Still, you don't run across books from 1954 this nice all the time. I had read it was rare at one point but that designation appears to have been dropped in the most recent overstreet.

I'd put this at a solid F/VF range. $60.00

giggle 54 a.jpg

giggle 54 b.jpg

I will take this fine specimen of a funnybook!

1 minute ago, MrBedrock said:

I will take this fine specimen of a funnybook!

Winnah! Thank you and enjoy. It's from one of the first Golden age buys I ever did and one that kept going back and forth from the keep to sell piles.

Captain Marvel Adventures 83. Rusty staples. 2 centerfolds detached. Some small chips on the right hand edge. But good color on the cover and Captain Marvel as an Indian Chief.

VG $35.00

captain marvel 83 a.jpg

captain marvel 83 b.jpg

Edited by oceans11