• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

C2E2 good for back issue hunting?

3 posts in this topic

Never been to C2E2, but I'm probably going this year.  The biggest con I've been to is Baltimore and quite honestly it was a little meh. 

I'll say that I could care less about guests, cosplay, etc. I only go for one reason: to buy comics. 

I've had a lot of luck with smaller cons in my home state (Ohio) and gotten a ton of filler for runs and smaller bronze/silver keys as well.  I was disappointed with the number of actual comic vendors,  the amount of stock, and the prices at Baltimore's con last uear.

Anyone who has been to both, am I in for a similar experience in Chicago? My fear is that it's more of a pop culture con and will be filled with more toy/memoribilia/etc vendors vs actual comic vendors. 

I know that buying online usually results in better prices,  but there's something special about  being there in person and digging through long boxes. Call me old school.  Ive got some mostly non-key silver and bronze DD, Hulk, Strange Tales, Tales of Suspense and WBN runs to finish off. I'll probably go regardless since I've got a free place to stay, but I'd like an unbiased review of the con so I can set my expectations going in! 

1 hour ago, UncleAnwar said:

Never been to C2E2, but I'm probably going this year.  The biggest con I've been to is Baltimore and quite honestly it was a little meh. 

I'll say that I could care less about guests, cosplay, etc. I only go for one reason: to buy comics. 

I've had a lot of luck with smaller cons in my home state (Ohio) and gotten a ton of filler for runs and smaller bronze/silver keys as well.  I was disappointed with the number of actual comic vendors,  the amount of stock, and the prices at Baltimore's con last uear.

Anyone who has been to both, am I in for a similar experience in Chicago? My fear is that it's more of a pop culture con and will be filled with more toy/memoribilia/etc vendors vs actual comic vendors. 

I know that buying online usually results in better prices,  but there's something special about  being there in person and digging through long boxes. Call me old school.  Ive got some mostly non-key silver and bronze DD, Hulk, Strange Tales, Tales of Suspense and WBN runs to finish off. I'll probably go regardless since I've got a free place to stay, but I'd like an unbiased review of the con so I can set my expectations going in! 

Comics 4 Less will have a lot of stuff there to dig through - Pete is a good guy too.