• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Now Less Than "A Gaggle" of GA Gags, Ghastliness, Gangsterism - Never Mind. It's Archie, SH and Keys (FF #12, ASM #129) Now At 5% Off - Recap Pg3
3 3

41 posts in this topic

2 minutes ago, Comcav said:

He did say he has just 13 books, so not end of the world if he opts for this setup.

Ok, maybe I didn’t catch the part with how many books..

But anyway, this is the first of hopefully many.

First Love Illustrated #17 (8.5) - 120.00.  Very sharp book with a (possible) Al Avison cover but no second source written anywhere I could find to back it up and CGC didn't seem to think so either.  There is however some Lee Elias and Bob Powell art, which made me wonder what would have happened if Harvey mistakenly wraps this cover on a "Black Cat Mystery" interior.  Wertham would have gone apoplectic.  SOLD

GA21.JPG

GA22.JPG

Edited by SeniorSurfer
Item was sold

First Love Illustrated #49 (9.2) - 150.00.  Even sharper than the previous book and this time Vadeboncoeur does ID the cover pencils/inks by Avison along with a Bob Powell story.  Last pre-Code issue so last chance to tell that smarmy tale about Sally having an affair after-hours in a closed department store with the night watchman who throws her under the bus when the cops come calling (true-it's all here!).  BTW Rhonda (cover) just put the compact away and turn around to look - we all know what you're doing.  SOLD

GA23.JPG

GA24.JPG

Edited by SeniorSurfer
Item was sold

Laugh Comics #34 (5.0) - 150.00.  Channeling his best Uncle Miltie, cross-dressing Archie trolling for men at the Initiation Dance?  The less said about this the better.  BTW the speck on the "L" of "Laugh"  was just some debris on the plastic.  Honest folks, the house is pretty cleanSOLD

GA25.JPG

GA26.JPG

Edited by SeniorSurfer
Item was sold

Pep Comics #63 (5.5) - 250.00.  The earliest Archie in this bunch, with a Fagaly cover.  Also has a Novick "Shield" and Woggon "Katy Keene" story, along with "The Twiddles" (Talbert and Tootsie).  I kid you not.  Get it before the movie comes out.  SOLD

GA27.JPG

GA28.JPG

Edited by SeniorSurfer
Item was sold

Suspense #18 (4.5) - 175.00.  This time Maneely composes the "clueless couple" cover in this ish, also with a Hank Chapman story.  (TBH I had to look him up as the name wasn't familar.  Turns out he was fairly prolific at Atlas in different titles - earliest credits from those MM Torch/Subby fights - then went on to DC where he wrote a pile of war stories.  Sorry for the interlude if you already knew it, but this stuff is interesting when you can flesh out the rest of the staff not named "Lee.")  SOLD

GA29.JPG

GA30.JPG

Edited by SeniorSurfer
Item was sold

Target Comics #11 (8.5) -  125.00.  Really sharp cover with vibrant (had to search for another word other than "bright" for obvious reasons) color drawn by Nina Albright.  She did some earlier work on those "Suspense Comics" that everyone wants.  You know - the expensive ones.

GA31.JPG

GA32.JPG

5 hours ago, SeniorSurfer said:

Laugh Comics #34 (5.0) - 150.00.  Channeling his best Uncle Miltie, cross-dressing Archie trolling for men at the Initiation Dance?  The less said about this the better.  BTW the speck on the "L" of "Laugh"  was just some debris on the plastic.  Honest folks, the house is pretty clean.

GA25.JPG

GA26.JPG

Take per PM

18 hours ago, SeniorSurfer said:

First Love Illustrated #17 (8.5) - 120.00.  Very sharp book with a (possible) Al Avison cover but no second source written anywhere I could find to back it up and CGC didn't seem to think so either.  There is however some Lee Elias and Bob Powell art, which made me wonder what would have happened if Harvey mistakenly wraps this cover on a "Black Cat Mystery" interior.  Wertham would have gone apoplectic.

GA21.JPG

:takeit: per PM. Thank you sir. 

Lee Elias art :x