• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Comic Connect X-MEN-1963 Issue #150 Splash Page Any Predictions?

14 posts in this topic

2 minutes ago, cloud cloddie said:

Yeah, didn’t this sell just a year or two on comicconnect for a crazy amount?

$14k 12/2016.

Gut says this is a Donnelly consignment, and twice in a row, to me. But that's just gut, nothing I know and I could be wrong.

I like it but not even at $10k.

1 hour ago, vodou said:

$14k 12/2016.

Gut says this is a Donnelly consignment, and twice in a row, to me. But that's just gut, nothing I know and I could be wrong.

I like it but not even at $10k.

I feel like it’s somebody besides the Donnelly’s. I could swear I saw this listed on CAF about a month ago, and when you followed the link to the website, it said sold along with a bunch of other pieces the same website had just listed. Can’t recall the website tho. 

1 hour ago, cloud cloddie said:

I feel like it’s somebody besides the Donnelly’s. I could swear I saw this listed on CAF about a month ago, and when you followed the link to the website, it said sold along with a bunch of other pieces the same website had just listed. Can’t recall the website tho. 

Fair enough. The Donnelly's don't have every overpriced Cockrum X-Men piece ;)

11 hours ago, Frank Mozz said:

Badass Splash,  I think it's going to go high...... any predictions

x-m1.18239a.jpg

Wow, talk about jacked up anatomy  :sick:

I know I am in the minority here but that splash does absolutely nothing for me.

29 minutes ago, batman_fan said:

I know I am in the minority here but that splash does absolutely nothing for me.

Dave was never a top tier guy but imho this is a darn good example of his better phase 2 X men stuff, poor guy had to follow John Byrnes classic run.

On 3/10/2019 at 8:05 PM, batman_fan said:

Not as small a minority as you might think. It's not very graphically interesting, and you are right about the anatomy. The head looks sort of dumb, too. Those eyes are awfully deep set to throw off that kind of a shadow.