• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Opinions on a trade. X
2 2

84 posts in this topic

You posted this in the Facebook group.  I disagreed with this trade there and I will disagree with it here.  I think you are leaving a lot of money on the table... as well as that extra $1000 in cash. 

I have to agree with ol Buzz.  Room for growth also greater on your books I believe.

11 minutes ago, Flamesfan1982 said:

So even a straight trade across wouldn't get it done for you guys? 

It’s definitely better than forking over an additional 1k but as stated earlier you’re already behind on GPA.  If it were up to me I would pass. 

29 minutes ago, Flamesfan1982 said:

So even a straight trade across wouldn't get it done for you guys? 

Pass... I thought this trade was already a done deal from something you said in the FB group. 

9 minutes ago, Buzzetta said:

Pass... I thought this trade was already a done deal from something you said in the FB group. 

Yes it kind of was but we hadn't worked out the logistics of it and between then and now I have heard a lot more opinions and have been given a lot more advice. I reached out to him today and expressed that I wasn't thrilled with it any longer and we are renegotiating. 

I feel like I've put too much value on that X Men1. But there are so many fewer of them than the books I hold. 

2 minutes ago, Flamesfan1982 said:

Yes it kind of was but we hadn't worked out the logistics of it and between then and now I have heard a lot more opinions and have been given a lot more advice. I reached out to him today and expressed that I wasn't thrilled with it any longer and we are renegotiating. 

I feel like I've put too much value on that X Men1. But there are so many fewer of them than the books I hold. 

True but there are fewer Rawhide Kid 77 than Hulk 181 and-

6 minutes ago, Flamesfan1982 said:

X-Men recently and finally enjoyed a price bump due to the Disney Fox deal. All Kevin Feige has to say is, 'We are thinking of the X-Men properties' and that book takes a bump.  However, if I was asked what is the AF15 of the Bronze age, then without hesitation I am saying Hulk 181.  That book continues to drop jaws with the price it commands. 

You are losing out on this deal and I would keep the high grade Hulk 181 and NOT part with it.  

Here is what I would do. Sell off the Giant Size X-Men 1 and start saving for your own copy of X-Men 1.  I found a nice 4.5 right when First Class came out for $2,500 and it was pressed resulting in a 5.5.  NO, I am not interested in trading or selling. 

Find a 4.0 or a 5.0 for cheaper than the money you are throwing at this guy.  You asked and I gave an honest answer. 

In fact, I would mine your lesser books and start dumping anything that you want less than the X-Men to help fund it. 

Nothing is worse than long boxes of $1 bin books without a few gems to come across now and again. 

2 minutes ago, Buzzetta said:

X-Men recently and finally enjoyed a price bump due to the Disney Fox deal. All Kevin Feige has to say is, 'We are thinking of the X-Men properties' and that book takes a bump.  However, if I was asked what is the AF15 of the Bronze age, then without hesitation I am saying Hulk 181.  That book continues to drop jaws with the price it commands. 

You are losing out on this deal and I would keep the high grade Hulk 181 and NOT part with it.  

Here is what I would do. Sell off the Giant Size X-Men 1 and start saving for your own copy of X-Men 1.  I found a nice 4.5 right when First Class came out for $2,500 and it was pressed resulting in a 5.5.  NO, I am not interested in trading or selling. 

Find a 4.0 or a 5.0 for cheaper than the money you are throwing at this guy.  You asked and I gave an honest answer. 

In fact, I would mine your lesser books and start dumping anything that you want less than the X-Men to help fund it. 

Nothing is worse than long boxes of $1 bin books without a few gems to come across now and again. 

+1

I regret selling higher value books instead of lots of lower value books 

It is very unprofessional at the least to "agree" to a deal while also saying you need to think about it. That would not get you very far at a convention or apparently on these boards. You simply do the research and then make a final decision on the deal going forward. Hell, this would be frowned upon in any business transaction. Could you imagine leaving a used car salesman with that? Bad deal but also Hulk 181 is overpriced. While there are fewer hulk 181s in higher grade, as in every book, they are always for sale and extremely common being from the bronze age. I can find a 9.2 cgc hulk 181 every day of the year on an auction house.

7 minutes ago, Bejack3 said:

It is very unprofessional at the least to "agree" to a deal while also saying you need to think about it. That would not get you very far at a convention or apparently on these boards. You simply do the research and then make a final decision on the deal going forward. Hell, this would be frowned upon in any business transaction. Could you imagine leaving a used car salesman with that? Bad deal but also Hulk 181 is overpriced. While there are fewer hulk 181s in higher grade, as in every book, they are always for sale and extremely common being from the bronze age. I can find a 9.2 cgc hulk 181 every day of the year on an auction house.

I wouldnt feel bad about saying this to a used car salesman.

13 hours ago, 1Cool said:

I think I looked at the wrong GPA data.  I'd say the two book for 1 would be a fair deal especially if you are dealing with a big seller.  The extra $1,000 seems a bit excessive.

Yeah I would do the trade without the 1K cash.

5 hours ago, Bejack3 said:

He’s obviously not professional, hence him coming to the boards and asking for some knowledgeable advice.  And this wasn’t a board deal with clearly stated rules to abide by.  

27 minutes ago, bentbryan said:

He’s obviously not professional, hence him coming to the boards and asking for some knowledgeable advice.  And this wasn’t a board deal with clearly stated rules to abide by.  

Professional Communication

Problem and Solution

It's just something you need to know if you have a job, pay taxes, own property or communicate with people on the internet, but what do I know I'm a 23 year old comic book man baby.

5 hours ago, makeminemego said:

Sell the bronze books at FMV and cherry pick a 5.5 X-Men 1 with good PQ.  Just my two cents........

This is good advice.

I would do the trade without the cash transaction. That's just me being big on X-Men and not big on the Hulk.

Slabs only or don't trade IMO.

41 minutes ago, TwoPiece said:

This is good advice.

I would do the trade without the cash transaction. That's just me being big on X-Men and not big on the Hulk.

Slabs only or don't trade IMO.

The Hulk? Or Wolverine? Or second appearances? Or all three combined? Yea, I'm the same haha