• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Opinions on a trade. X
2 2

84 posts in this topic

7 hours ago, Bejack3 said:

It is very unprofessional at the least to "agree" to a deal while also saying you need to think about it. That would not get you very far at a convention or apparently on these boards. You simply do the research and then make a final decision on the deal going forward. Hell, this would be frowned upon in any business transaction. Could you imagine leaving a used car salesman with that? Bad deal but also Hulk 181 is overpriced. While there are fewer hulk 181s in higher grade, as in every book, they are always for sale and extremely common being from the bronze age. I can find a 9.2 cgc hulk 181 every day of the year on an auction house.

this isn't a "professional" transaction. It's two dudes with comics working out a trade. 

If we're gonna judge, I think its unprofessional for the other trader to let this guy leave it with such a limbo statement like "I'll take it but..."  If I was a dealer working with the OP I would have told him that I was going to leave the book available for sale unless the OP was agreeing to the trade (now if the trade is so advantageous for me, maybe I soft play it and set the Xman 1 aside in hopes of the trade coming to fruition since I come out so far ahead). But if it's just two dudes swapping books in their collection there's no loss to the time wasted in the trade not happening. If if's with a dealer and he's taking the Xmen 1 out of circulation awaiting the trade maybe he misses out on a sale elsewhere of the book. 

also "Hulk 181 is overpriced"? Do you mean over-valued? And do you not think that the market takes into account availability as it comes to a pricing level? If the book were less available, it would cost more, and if it was more available, it would cost less,,, And yes you can find one easily, but there are also multiple interested parties when you find it...so the level of demand is in equilibrium with the price...

Had the OP said "I'll agree to that deal" without any qualifier then yes he'd be backing out. He didn't agree to anything! "Tentatively agreed" does not mean agreed. 

Besides GSXM has been shooting up for some time now. As far as MCU, it would be an easier transition for the current movie universe to work in "new X-MEN" than the original cast. I'd have no idea how how they could somehow coherently work in the old cast? Terrible deal!

Here's a link that gets into how easy it would be for the MCU to work in Wolverine based on 2008's Hulk movie & General Thaddeus Ross super soldier program

https://screenrant.com/xmen-mcu-incredible-hulk-wolverine-theory/

Edited by MGsimba77

6 minutes ago, MGsimba77 said:

Had the OP said "I'll agree to that deal" without any qualifier then yes he'd be backing out. He didn't agree to anything! "Tentatively agreed" does not mean agreed. 

Besides GSXM has been shooting up for some time now. As far as MCU, it would be an easier transition for the current movie universe to work in "new X-MEN" than the original cast. I'd have no idea how how they could somehow coherently work in the old cast? Terrible deal!

They could just ignore the old cast. How many Colossus' have we seen? Mystique? Sabretooth? Beast? Nightcrawler? Storm? (Wow, most of them it looks like!) Just skip Wolverine as he is the only one all over the screen.

4 minutes ago, Bird said:

They could just ignore the old cast. How many Colossus' have we seen? Mystique? Sabretooth? Beast? Nightcrawler? Storm? (Wow, most of them it looks like!) Just skip Wolverine as he is the only one all over the screen.

Not sure I follow? Are you saying that because the new team was portrayed by Fox so many times that MCU shouldn't bother?

7 minutes ago, MGsimba77 said:

Two days ago in the FB group when told not to do the trade he said that he "pulled the trigger".

It is in the CGC pressing group.  I do not press don't ask.  There is a man in Florida that I ask from time to do that and he does excellent work.  However it is... an 'interesting' group to follow.   Simply go there and type in '181' and it will come up.  He said he pulled the trigger.  I assume that he confirmed to do the deal. 

2 minutes ago, Buzzetta said:

Two days ago in the FB group when told not to do the trade he said that he "pulled the trigger".

It is in the CGC pressing group.  I do not press don't ask.  There is a man in Florida that I ask from time to do that and he does excellent work.  However it is... an 'interesting' group to follow.   Simply go there and type in '181' and it will come up.  He said he pulled the trigger.  I assume that he confirmed to do the deal. 

Oh ok I was just going by what was indicated in this thread. I hate FB & am trying to boycott it! It makes my eyes bleed!!!

13 minutes ago, MGsimba77 said:

Not sure I follow? Are you saying that because the new team was portrayed by Fox so many times that MCU shouldn't bother?

I’m saying that it really doesn’t matter what ever they want to do is fine with his new cast some character skip around some character stay the same it doesn’t really seem to matter

1 hour ago, Bird said:

I’m saying that it really doesn’t matter what ever they want to do is fine with his new cast some character skip around some character stay the same it doesn’t really seem to matter

Nothing really matters....to me.............any way the wind blows...........

7 minutes ago, kav said:

Nothing really matters....to me.............any way the wind blows...........

That's that Mercedes guy right? :baiting:

Spoiler

Freddy mercury, but after that Joni Mitchell mix up last night I'm funnin ya

1 hour ago, Bird said:

I think when they bring them in it will be similar to how they brought in Spider-man which was from the Avengers perspective.  No origin story... just along the lines of, "Hello, Charles Xavier, my name is Tony Stark and I'm a big fan of yours."  There is a part of me that thinks that Stark will not be killed off in Endgame.  I think they want this option to bring him back from time to time to drop into other movies if required.  Of course RDJ would not mind suiting up for the boatload of cash he will receive each time. 

2 hours ago, Bird said:

Two actors for each. It does seem like more than that, admittedly. 

I also agree with Buzzetta's post last page. IH 181 has not yet hit its ceiling, and GSX1 is just waiting to explode, pending MCU announcements. They've got much more room to move than X-Men 1. Even ignoring that, it's a bad deal for you. Tbh I also don't think much of that particular copy of X1, sorry, but if you're happy with it, then great. 

I hope you guys come to agreeable terms, though, and that you get the book you want. 

On 3/11/2019 at 3:05 PM, Buzzetta said:

You posted this in the Facebook group.  I disagreed with this trade there and I will disagree with it here.  I think you are leaving a lot of money on the table... as well as that extra $1000 in cash. 

1 minute ago, kav said:

I own a copy of this and will be purchasing an additional copy of this to leave around when it come time to retire... which cannot happen soon enough...

Today as I was on my way home I was greeted with a sheet being pulled over someone who died on the L train. 

Yesterday my commute was met with sitting on the floor as there were no seats on the LIRR.

Last Thursday though was the most interesting.  Someone looked at myself and a coworker and made a pained expression and squatted to defecate in front of us. 

https://patch.com/new-york/west-village/man-found-dead-l-train-police-say

Just now, Buzzetta said:

I own a copy of this and will be purchasing an additional copy of this to leave around when it come time to retire... which cannot happen soon enough...

Today as I was on my way home I was greeted with a sheet being pulled over someone who died on the L train. 

Yesterday my commute was met with sitting on the floor as there were no seats on the LIRR.

Last Thursday though was the most interesting.  Someone looked at myself and a coworker and made a pained expression and squatted to defecate in front of us. 

What a horrible state of affairs.  I feel your pain.

32 minutes ago, Buzzetta said:

Reading this brings back memories of my subway riding days.  Glad I don't have to ride them anymore, since I moved out west.

Glad I've never been on a subway with my round kicks and aware bullying issues.

22 hours ago, Buzzetta said:

When I said I pulled the trigger, that was when I told the dude I wanted to so more research. That is why I posted here. But this being my first thread I was subject to being reviewed by a monitor. Taking into account the feedback from as FB and then the feedback here I talked to the other guy again and we discussed it. No hard feelings either way and both hope to maybe do business in the future.  Now seeing as my wife is currently in labour, I think that explanation is sufficient.  

It's early labour, but I really should go now. WISH ME LUCK!

On 3/11/2019 at 3:59 PM, Buzzetta said:

Pass... I thought this trade was already a done deal from something you said in the FB group. 

On 3/11/2019 at 11:05 PM, Bejack3 said:

It is very unprofessional at the least to "agree" to a deal while also saying you need to think about it. That would not get you very far at a convention or apparently on these boards. You simply do the research and then make a final decision on the deal going forward. Hell, this would be frowned upon in any business transaction. Could you imagine leaving a used car salesman with that? Bad deal but also Hulk 181 is overpriced. While there are fewer hulk 181s in higher grade, as in every book, they are always for sale and extremely common being from the bronze age. I can find a 9.2 cgc hulk 181 every day of the year on an auction house.

Yes it kind of was but we hadn't worked out the logistics of it and between then and now I have heard a lot more opinions and have been given a lot more advice. I reached out to him today and expressed that I wasn't thrilled with it any longer and we are renegotiating. 

I feel like I've put too much value on that X Men1. But there are so many fewer of them than the books I hold.