• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Opinions on a trade. X
2 2

84 posts in this topic

On 3/11/2019 at 12:51 PM, Flamesfan1982 said:

Honestly, what can he do that will be worth his while if I pull out?

It's not what he can do, it's what you've done to yourself if you get a reputation for not following through on agreed upon deals. 

Your phrasing is difficult. Does the other person think he has a deal?

On 3/13/2019 at 1:03 AM, kav said:

What a horrible state of affairs.  I feel your pain.

Someone else died last week at 34th.  Thing is that he died sitting in the seats. So, they just put a sheet over him still sitting up and roped off the area.  You can see the pics yourself on Barstool Sports.  

On 3/11/2019 at 3:51 PM, Flamesfan1982 said:

Honestly, what can he do that will be worth his while if I pull out?

Like @shadroch I want to echo the same sentiment but elaborate. 

On a facebook group I advertised a bunch of GI Joe figures.  I advertised a Crimson Guard Immortal for X price and when someone asked me if I was willing to negotiate on the figure I said no as it was a fair price and I am firm with it.  He then asked me about a Cobra Commander in Battle Armor figure.  He made an offer that was a little lower than the advertised price and I said, "Ok".  Hours later I receive another message asking me about the Crimson Guard Immortal, again asking if I would take a lower price to which I again said, "No."

He then decided a day later that he no longer wanted the Cobra Commander.  We had a very short conversation and he apologized for wasting my time.  He was then blocked. 

There is someone named Darin from Pennsylvania that likes graded Spider-man comics.  He is most likely a member of these boards.   He decided to reneg on a deal and disappear after he decided he did not want it.  He later came back around with the same name but a different account when I posted other things.  When he asked me to flat out buy a book I recognized the name and the location and reminded him that I was still awaiting payment for the book he promised to pay for.  Blocked. 

Your reputation is everything in this hobby. 

Unless of course you illegally remove money from clients escrow accounts to buy and sell comics.  Then you are of a pure 'pedigree."

Edited by Buzzetta

On 3/14/2019 at 7:09 AM, shadroch said:

It's not what he can do, it's what you've done to yourself if you get a reputation for not following through on agreed upon deals. 

Your phrasing is difficult. Does the other person think he has a deal?

Sorry, that came across funny. I meant what can he do if we haven't made a firm agreement. Anyway, the issue is long solved. No hard feelings on either end like I have stated before. Have not been on here in a while as I became a father again a week ago, this time to a little girl. 

Edited by Flamesfan1982