• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Questions for those who have experience selling comics on Ebay?
1 1

13 posts in this topic

I'm new to selling comics on Ebay...

I cant figure out how to make a listing With Multi-Variations

for example, this Listing has Amazing Spider-Man 6 to 158 and you can buy each individual book for difference prices....

could someone here please look at this post-https://www.ebay.com/itm/Amazing-Spider-Man-CGC-Graded-6-158-Pick-Your-Comic-Book/312432331592?hash=item48be6b0b48:m:mrs32HKAi6uI0rdZ4szbZkw&var=611107038021

and then, If you know how to do it, try to explain to me how to make a Listing like this....

Honestly No words could explain how grateful I'd be...I've been trying to figure this out for 2 days now

thanks

@billbrown7080 And remember you can always call ebay and they will walk you through stuff.  866-540-3229

Keep in mind tho you will get more hits listing books separate.  If someone is looking for say #47, your listing will not pop up.

Edited by kav

41 minutes ago, kav said:

@billbrown7080 And remember you can always call ebay and they will walk you through stuff.  866-540-3229

Keep in mind tho you will get more hits listing books separate.  If someone is looking for say #47, your listing will not pop up.

that was the first thing I thought of... but then I did a search for ASM 47 in CGC 6.0 (since that was in his list)...

and yep  it popped up. I did just the most basic of searches (nothing advanced). 

ASM.thumb.png.e32a959e2fd374ae11e50195075cf7d0.png

It also popped up fine if I just searched for Amazing Spiderman 47 CGC to see all the slabbed options, and it was there listed. Only issue is that you have to make your first picture something "group" oriented, cause it wont let you change what is the picutre for each sub-listing... so like the guy did he showed a pile of book....

1 minute ago, miraclemet said:

that was the first thing I thought of... but then I did a search for ASM 47 in CGC 6.0 (since that was in his list)...

and yep  it popped up. I did just the most basic of searches (nothing advanced). 

ASM.thumb.png.e32a959e2fd374ae11e50195075cf7d0.png

It also popped up fine if I just searched for Amazing Spiderman 47 CGC to see all the slabbed options, and it was there listed. Only issue is that you have to make your first picture something "group" oriented, cause it wont let you change what is the picutre for each sub-listing... so like the guy did he showed a pile of book....

Ebay search function WINS!!!!

9 minutes ago, miraclemet said:

This 'loophole' allows a limitless listing title!!!!  No more AMazing Spiderman 3,4,56,77,88,76, +

12 hours ago, fastballspecial said:

I don't see the reason why someone would put auctions that way unless ebay is looking to force us that route.

I completely agree ...If you have Key Silver Age Issues...I would never use the variation listing I'm asking about...

but right now I'm currently selling a lot of Not so popular books

for example I've got a Lot of Black Hawk from 202 to 271...

I think I'd have a much better shot selling them using A Multi-Variation listing instead of listing them as A LOT...

theres not a lot of Black Hawk people out there, if any find my listing, They may be looking for a few books in my lot but doesnt want to buy the Whole lot....

If I could make a Listing with The Multi Variation format, I could list all the books in the same post and if any Black Hawk collectors find it, they can pick out the exact issues they need.

Basically I'm only interested in using the Multi -Variation format for "Not So Popular Comics" where I have LOTS...

theres simply not a lot of collectors for Comics like Black Hawk, Late SGT. Fury and others....Most of them are looking to piece thier collections together and ONLY buy issues they need and dont want to buy LOTs with a bunch of books they already have to get a few they need....IMO the Multi-Variation Listing would be perfect for certain comics, But not KEYS or the Main Marvel and DC sets...

PS

thanks to everyone for the help!

12 minutes ago, billbrown7080 said:

I completely agree ...If you have Key Silver Age Issues...I would never use the variation listing I'm asking about...

but right now I'm currently selling a lot of Not so popular books

for example I've got a Lot of Black Hawk from 202 to 271...

I think I'd have a much better shot selling them using A Multi-Variation listing instead of listing them as A LOT...

theres not a lot of Black Hawk people out there, if any find my listing, They may be looking for a few books in my lot but doesnt want to buy the Whole lot....

If I could make a Listing with The Multi Variation format, I could list all the books in the same post and if any Black Hawk collectors find it, they can pick out the exact issues they need.

Basically I'm only interested in using the Multi -Variation format for "Not So Popular Comics" where I have LOTS...

theres simply not a lot of collectors for Comics like Black Hawk, Late SGT. Fury and others....Most of them are looking to piece thier collections together and ONLY buy issues they need and dont want to buy LOTs with a bunch of books they already have to get a few they need....IMO the Multi-Variation Listing would be perfect for certain comics, But not KEYS

yep, your scenario along with a preference to get a better sale price per book over just selling quickly (in which case selling as a lot makes more sense) is when Id use this selling option.

I know this is a few months old but I searched for variation listing and this came up.

I have a lot of Bronze Age - not so popular - books, like runs of witching hour, worlds finest, etc

I currently list them as Lots and I have some luck but Im thinking I can get a little more in a variation listing.

Has anyone tried it?