• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post Your Favorite Book From Each Publisher
1 1

369 posts in this topic

There have been a lot of "favorite book" threads on the GA Boards.  I've enjoyed them, but they always seemed to turn into folks posting numerous books they like, which obscured the ability to determine what was actually a "favorite" book.  With that in mind, I'm starting this thread to find out what are board members' actual favorite books, broken down by publisher.  Here are the simple requirements:

Rules :preach: 

(1) the one book you own (2) from each GA publisher (3) that you consider to be your favorite.

"One book" means no posting "I can't decide, but it's one of these 5 books," or "Here are my runner-ups."  Just post the book you like best, regardless of whether it's because it's valuable, popular, rare, high grade, or has a great cover.  Or it could even be your favorite for purely personal reasons (e.g., Gator and Whiz 22).

Picking one book for some publishers will likely be difficult.  I know that it will be a challenge for me to pick my favorite DC and Fox books, just as I suspect Bedrock and Cat will have trouble picking a Timely, and Squeggs and Dukedog will have trouble picking a St. John.  It will be hard, but that's the point.

Finally, if none of the books you have from a given publisher means much to you, you needn't post one for that publisher.  The goal of this thread is to get a sense of what books mean the most to boardies.  And, of course, feel free to explain the reasons behind your selections.