• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post Your Favorite Book From Each Publisher
1 1

369 posts in this topic

17 minutes ago, MrBedrock said:
2 hours ago, adamstrange said:

I could have gone with a Goofy choice.

GoofyComics1.jpg

:cloud9:

Fun fact about the cover artist:

Casper the Friendly Ghost was created in the late 1930s by Seymour Reit and Joe Oriolo, the former devising the idea for the character and the latter providing illustrations

7 minutes ago, adamstrange said:
26 minutes ago, MrBedrock said:
2 hours ago, adamstrange said:

I could have gone with a Goofy choice.

GoofyComics1.jpg

:cloud9:

Fun fact about the cover artist:

Casper the Friendly Ghost was created in the late 1930s by Seymour Reit and Joe Oriolo, the former devising the idea for the character and the latter providing illustrations 

That is so cool. So many funny animal comics have illustrators from the animation field. There are gems hidden throughout most of them, regardless of publisher.

7 minutes ago, MrBedrock said:

Harvey

blackcat45.jpg

blackcat45cover.jpg

Fun fact - this was the only horror cover done by Warren Kremer, better known as the creator of Richie Rich and Hot Stuff. He also worked on a large number of Casper issues (probably why those characters all have such striking resemblances).

Edited by MrBedrock

21 minutes ago, MrBedrock said:

Warren Kremer, better known as the creator of Richie Rich and Hot Stuff. He also worked on a large number of Casper issues (probably why those characters all have such striking resemblances).

He is one of the top most prolific cover artists.  It wouldn't surprise me if he was #1 though he is rarely talked about.

3 hours ago, MrBedrock said:

Fun fact - this was the only horror cover done by Warren Kremer, better known as the creator of Richie Rich and Hot Stuff. He also worked on a large number of Casper issues (probably why those characters all have such striking resemblances).

He did the layouts for most of their horror covers even if the final versions were by Lee Elias.

1 minute ago, adamstrange said:

He did the layouts for most of their horror covers even if the final versions were by Lee Elias.

I think he had a hand in most of the Harvey output as time went on. Kramer worked small. The originals are the size of the final printed version. The other Harvey horror covers I have seen, all done by others, are double size or larger.