• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Scary eBay Situation!
1 1

48 posts in this topic

3 minutes ago, Ride the Tiger said:

This does not seem like a scary situation. I feel like I've been ripped off. Let down if you will.

This...

I was expecting more also. 

9308FDD0-FA62-4CE1-A736-76098C7DD508.gif

Bidder 1 bids 265.00  30 seconds before end of auction
Bidder 2 bids 267.00  15 seconds before end of auction
Bidder 3 bids 269.95  11 seconds before end of auction

The winner is bidder #1 because none of the later bids exceeded his winning bid by the bid increment ($5.00) required at that price level & the results would look like the screen cap first post.

1 hour ago, grayzr said:

<a href='https://www.ebay.com/' class='notreplace' title='' target='_blank'  style=

1 hour ago, grayzr said:

Yes but how is it possible that the 3rd and final winning bit was also tied at 265.00 after being placed 40 seconds after the 2 tied bids?

1 hour ago, grayzr said:

I still don't understand how this is possible. How did the winner place a bid 40 seconds after a current bid of 265.00 and beat someone at the same exact bid amount?

meh

The winner of the auction did NOT place a bid 40 seconds after the other 2 tied losing bids.

The winner placed his bid roughly 20 seconds BEFORE the other two bidders.

The winner placed his winning bid at 5:21:52

The two losing bidders placed their bids at 5:22:10 and 5:22:11 (1 second apart from each other.....which it's possible they were both made at the exact same time and the system automatically just loged them 1 second apart from each other).

3 hours ago, Domo Arigato said:

meh

The winner of the auction did NOT place a bid 40 seconds after the other 2 tied losing bids.

The winner placed his bid roughly 20 seconds BEFORE the other two bidders.

The winner placed his winning bid at 5:21:52

The two losing bidders placed their bids at 5:22:10 and 5:22:11 (1 second apart from each other.....which it's possible they were both made at the exact same time and the system automatically just loged them 1 second apart from each other).

You tell him buddy

9 hours ago, grayzr said:

I have 3 eBay accounts and just tested it on a random item.

It does not work with 3 identical bids, the 2 guys that tied yes it would work but the winning bidder would have to at least bid 1 cent more or it would of not allowed the exact amount to go threw.

You guys missed the scary part..."I have 3 eBay accounts and just tested it on a random item."   Why so many different accounts.  I understand (somewhat) having two, one for selling and one for buying but the third is a bit shilly?  Maybe it is just me.

5 hours ago, nocutename said:

You guys missed the scary part..."I have 3 eBay accounts and just tested it on a random item."   Why so many different accounts.  I understand (somewhat) having two, one for selling and one for buying but the third is a bit shilly?  Maybe it is just me.

Yes, this is THE SCARY part of this thread. Someone admitting they have 3 eBay accounts. How is that even possible? Can I set up as many accounts as I want with the same owner name (not my eBay handle), mailing address, social security number, bank accounts etc.???

4 hours ago, Jaylam said:

Yes, this is THE SCARY part of this thread. Someone admitting they have 3 eBay accounts. How is that even possible? Can I set up as many accounts as I want with the same owner name (not my eBay handle), mailing address, social security number, bank accounts etc.???

eBay allows multiple accounts for people on purpose. There's nothing nefarious about it. You can have a buying account, a selling account, or if you sell "adult" things and "non-adult" things, you can have two accounts for that, or if you sell "car parts" on one, and "kitten cozies" on another. 

So long as those accounts don't interact with each other, you're not violating any rules, and it's perfectly acceptable.

Why do we always rush to the worst possible scenario...? (shrug)

12 minutes ago, RockMyAmadeus said:

eBay allows multiple accounts for people on purpose. There's nothing nefarious about it. You can have a buying account, a selling account, or if you sell "adult" things and "non-adult" things, you can have two accounts for that, or if you sell "car parts" on one, and "kitten cozies" on another. 

So long as those accounts don't interact with each other, you're not violating any rules, and it's perfectly acceptable.

Why do we always rush to the worst possible scenario...? (shrug)

Ebay is fine with it, he is correct. I have an account and so does my wife...ebay linked them without us reuesting it and now we have access to each on the seller's home page.