• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Can pressing a water damaged book help it's value?

7 posts in this topic

I see rust migration from the top staple. Is that just dirt on the back cover or mold? 

Press will help, but the water related damage is going to get hammered on this book. Especially if it is moldy.

6 hours ago, joeypost said:

I see rust migration from the top staple. Is that just dirt on the back cover or mold? 

Press will help, but the water related damage is going to get hammered on this book. Especially if it is moldy.

Joey didn’t press a couple of the books I sent him recently for a pre-CGC press, specifically because of water damage I was unaware of. So he saved me money and time. And now he’s doing the same for you. :) Take his advice, and The Lions Den’s... 

Here's one Joey pressed for me. VF/NMish, save for the obvious water damage and subsequent staining on the front and back at the top of the book. He let me know it wouldn't do much for me, but it was one of the first books I purchased when I really started seriously collecting. I bought it for a song ($10 bucks I think) in the early 2000's. I still think the press helped the grade. 

2281275_Full_Obv.jpg

2281275_Full_Rev.jpg

Edited by Supa-Bad-Mofo