• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Anyone else get this Paypal email?

8 posts in this topic

Anyone else get this email??:

A backup funding source linked to your PayPal Business Debit Mastercard® will not be supported after March 18, 2019.

Beginning March 18, 2019, a linked bank account will be the only backup funding source supported for your PayPal Business Debit Card. Any other currently linked backup funding source will automatically be unlinked from your PayPal Business Debit Card, including the PayPal Extras Mastercard, PayPal Smart Connect account, PayPal Cashback Mastercard, and eBay Mastercard.

If you already have a bank account linked as a Back Up Funding source for your PayPal Business Debit Mastercard, then there is no action required.

If you need to change or update the bank account linked to your card, please click below.

Link a bank account

• Click on your PayPal Business Debit Mastercard then Manage My Card
  • Click Backup Funding Source and follow on-screen instructions to link a bank account
Edited by nochips

25 minutes ago, nochips said:

I just got this email again! No one else received one?

My suggestion is call PayPal and report back, I wouldn't have that email because it doesn't sound like anything that I use PayPal for, but also means, I can't give you an idea of what it's about .....

10 minutes ago, nochips said:

Lots of people buy things with a linked card through paypal. It appears they are shutting down that pathway.

That's not what it's saying at all. It would appear to only be in relation to a PP Business Debit Mastercard. No one else is getting this email because most of us probably don't have that and you do.

1 hour ago, LordRahl said:

That's not what it's saying at all. It would appear to only be in relation to a PP Business Debit Mastercard. No one else is getting this email because most of us probably don't have that and you do.

I have it and I didn't get the email. Probably because my backup if the account is empty is my bank account. Not sure why you would have a debit card backed up by a credit card. Why not just use the credit directly?

FYI, the PP business debt is great because you can use your PayPal funds just like a bank account at a comic store or wherever.