• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

I just found this comic...What do I do?

24 posts in this topic

7 minutes ago, Pontoon said:

How big is it?

The three staple reprint from the collector box is the same size as the GA original. I just sold one today, I am looking at it.

7 minutes ago, Pontoon said:

Although I did not quote him directly, my post was directed at the OP.

Yes, but the size does not tell you anything was my point. 

4 minutes ago, Pontoon said:

Sure it does.

Well it’s good to learn things so if you could tell me how it helps I’d appreciate it

Why don’t you just tell us how the size helps rather than ask him what the size is

11 minutes ago, Bird said:

Well it’s good to learn things so if you could tell me how it helps I’d appreciate it

Why don’t you just tell us how the size helps rather than ask him what the size is

Because I was curious what OP had to say without any prompting.

Thanks for the replies. Before this post my buddy who's more familiar had used some online auth service or something ( I told him not to )  but the paper work came back saying it was real. So this was the next step for me was to post it here and someone tell me what to look for. Once he gets home the email will be posted here for you guys to tell me what you think. Any other pictures people wanna see to help determine? 

I was thinking about waiting for a comic con to get it graded. Live right outside of vegas. Can anyone tell me what something like this would cost to get graded if real?

Edited by A Son Name Go

Most of the time when people think they have found an original Superman #1 they actually have the 1970s treasury edition with the outer cover removed. 

That is why the size is important. 

Edited by boatfund

Don't know what you are referring to.  Besides the colors, what screams reprint to me is in the lettering in the title.  Look at the inking in the top portion (horizontal plane) of the title SUPERMAN.  It's way off from the original.  There's white where there shouldn't be and likewise blue where there should be white.