• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

EBay app only coupon code is PSAVETODAY 15% off
2 2

121 posts in this topic

Thanks for the heads up.  I put in an offer on a piece of art that got rejected earlier this week.  This coupon saved about $75 to bring the price VERY close to my offer.  Win/Win! :banana:

3 hours ago, Black_Adam said:

These coupons just rub salt into the wound. There is a comic I'd been wanting and watching for $499 that was actually close to being a good deal at 15% off. But with eBay now charging sales tax on everything shipped to Washington state - including the shipping and handling - (and rates under the Global Shipping Program verging on lunacy) I would have had to kick in an additional $43.89 for taxes - making this more like a 5% off coupon for me.

I've said it before and I'll say it again. :censored: you eBay.

Why are you upset with eBay? eBay isn't charging sales tax on things shipped to Washington state, the Washington state government is.

10 minutes ago, FlyingDonut said:

Why are you upset with eBay? eBay isn't charging sales tax on things shipped to Washington state, the Washington state government is.

I'm upset that eBay's Global Shipping Program charges way too much to ship to Canada, forcing me to have things shipped to Washington where I am now being taxed an additional 10% :tonofbricks:

53 minutes ago, Black_Adam said:

I'm upset that eBay's Global Shipping Program charges way too much to ship to Canada, forcing me to have things shipped to Washington where I am now being taxed an additional 10% :tonofbricks:

If it wasn't for the Global Shipping Program some of those outside the United States would never have access to certain items.  I use it and I do understand the enormous fees that eBay slaps down on the buyer.  However, it is up to the buyer to determine whether or not they value the item at the overall cost of obtaining it. 

I compare it to the buyer's premium on Heritage. I'm not happy about that to tell you the truth so I ignore most comics and only pay attention to certain pages of art.  I factor the BP and NYS Sales tax into my bid on an item.  If it works for me then so be it.  If not, the sun will still rise and there is always something else that may pop up. 

1 hour ago, Black_Adam said:

9 minutes ago, Buzzetta said:

If it wasn't for the Global Shipping Program some of those outside the United States would never have access to certain items.  I use it and I do understand the enormous fees that eBay slaps down on the buyer.  However, it is up to the buyer to determine whether or not they value the item at the overall cost of obtaining it. 

I compare it to the buyer's premium on Heritage. I'm not happy about that to tell you the truth so I ignore most comics and only pay attention to certain pages of art.  I factor the BP and NYS Sales tax into my bid on an item.  If it works for me then so be it.  If not, the sun will still rise and there is always something else that may pop up. 

This tax/ shipping thing is becoming more and more of a problem as time goes on... I have a business idea in mind to solve all these problems but it would require shipping your online purchases to someone you trust (me) that will handle it all for you.  If you were able to solve the shipping and taxes problem is that something anyone would have interest in? I have not polled anyone on this yet but maybe it needs its own thread.  

1 hour ago, Black_Adam said:

Don't use the Global Shipping Program. Do not buy from those who use it. Problem solved.

(here to help!)

6 minutes ago, 90sChild said:

This tax/ shipping thing is becoming more and more of a problem as time goes on... I have a business idea in mind to solve all these problems but it would require shipping your online purchases to someone you trust (me) that will handle it all for you.  If you were able to solve the shipping and taxes problem is that something anyone would have interest in? I have not polled anyone on this yet but maybe it needs its own thread.  

I personally have no problem selling through it.  While I understand that the buyer's pay more I have sold more items internationally since I signed up for it.

Crud - I got to pretty good offers on $400 slabs and they came in after I crashed on the couch so I didn't respond in time.  Putting an offer in 40 minutes before the end of the coupon is always a risking no response.

Edited by 1Cool

7 hours ago, FlyingDonut said:

Don't use the Global Shipping Program. Do not buy from those who use it. Problem solved.

(here to help!)

I thought I had successfully evaded the GSP by opening a mailbox in Washington (which also helps for the vast majority of sellers who don't even want your money if you're outside the USA) but now I only have two choices - the GSP or the tax.

My solution? Don't use eBay. Do not buy from those who use it. Problem solved.

7 hours ago, Buzzetta said:

I personally have no problem selling through it.  While I understand that the buyer's pay more I have sold more items internationally since I signed up for it.

This is my experience exactly.

1 minute ago, Turtle said:

This is my experience exactly.

Yup - and not only that.  If I were not to use Global Shipping then I would not sell internationally at all. 

Problems with international sales or buyers before GSP: quite a few. 

Problems with international sales or buyers after I started using GSP: none. 

So if anything GSP expanded my sales opportunities because there is no way I am shipping to anyone outside of the United States when eBay or PayPal is concerned without it. 

Just now, Black_Adam said:

I guess the GSP is great when you're not on the receiving end - for one slab to ship to Vancouver, Canada they were asking $63.89 shipping. 

I know it gets expensive for buyers, but my experience is that it hasn't been too cost prohibitive to all buyers.  My number of international sales tripled after enrolling in the GSP...though I'm not a full-blown store.  I just sell on and off in my free time.