• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

EBay app only coupon code is PSAVETODAY 15% off
2 2

121 posts in this topic

On 3/12/2019 at 10:21 AM, ADAMANTIUM said:

Code is PSAVETODAY  15% off eBay app only...no minimum max discount $100 good until 7pm Pacific tonight lol I'm tagging everyone in the "where's the ebay coupons" thread 

Edit @lizards2@Bird @Wolverinex @Callaway29 @telerites  @Buzzetta @Shrevvy @SpeedforceKJ @punksdropdirtysrh @mattn792 @ExNihilo @justafan  

That's all the tags that it would let me do...sorry to anyone left out... :eek: 

:cry:

1 hour ago, Turtle said:

I know it gets expensive for buyers, but my experience is that it hasn't been too cost prohibitive to all buyers.  My number of international sales tripled after enrolling in the GSP...though I'm not a full-blown store.  I just sell on and off in my free time. 

Exactly... but after attempts of being scammed and dealing with headaches too many times because of customs and everything this is how it is going to be. The service is there.  If it wasn't then in many cases those outside of the United States would have absolutely zero access to certain items. I am also under the belief that eBay Global Shipping is able to more carefully vet international sellers since the GSP assumes liability in certain cases. 

In the last week I have shipped a piece of jewelry to Australia and one to Hong Kong.  I have shipped four GI Joe figures to Canada. Those buyers would have zero opportunity to buy these items if I was not using GSP. 

Edited by Buzzetta

2 minutes ago, Buzzetta said:

Exactly... but after attempts of being scammed and dealing with headaches too many times because of customs and everything this is how it is going to be. The service is there.  If it wasn't then in many cases those outside of the United States would have absolutely zero access to certain items. I am also under the belief that eBay Global Shipping is able to more carefully vet international sellers since the GSP assumes liability in certain cases. 

In the last week I have shipped a piece of jewelry to Australia and one to Hong Kong.  I have shipped four GI Joe figures to Canada. Those buyers would have zero opportunity to buy these items if I was not using GSP. 

Where do the old sneakers go?

6 minutes ago, Pontoon said:

Where do the old sneakers go?

That story gets a little creepier and I did not realize it. 

The last two pairs went to the same buyer in California under two different accounts.  Sandals went to Georgia.  This pair of Adidas from a few years ago went to Australia. 

Apparently I have a fan club.  

14 hours ago, 90sChild said:

This tax/ shipping thing is becoming more and more of a problem as time goes on... I have a business idea in mind to solve all these problems but it would require shipping your online purchases to someone you trust (me) that will handle it all for you.  If you were able to solve the shipping and taxes problem is that something anyone would have interest in? I have not polled anyone on this yet but maybe it needs its own thread.  

I'm pretty sure this is what's called tax evasion through a criminal conspiracy.  2c

There is a lot of it in the news these days. 

17 hours ago, skypinkblu said:

Someone told me about the coupon about an hour before it ended, I didn't shop for anything, but I listed some things and I sold 4, that was fun...put a dent into what I bought on here instead;)

Smart move. I don't know why more sellers don't list a few "buy it nows" when these discounts appear.  I did an Ebay search for "spider-man ebay 15" yesterday and it yielded 3 results.  The seller actually put it in the item title. That may not seem like a good idea to the Ebay buyers who didn't get the discount, though.

9 hours ago, Buzzetta said:

I don't discount that people have tried to scam you, but I have to say the GSP is in my opinion itself a massive scam between Pitney Bowes and eBay. For me it's pretty straightforward. If I import goods into Canada I have to pay 13% sales tax. That is mandated by the federal government and I have no problem with it. As a business with a tax number I could recoup 100% of that tax if the GSP actually charged it as a tax. But it doesn't. GSP charges nebulous "import charges" that correlate to no known tax. 

As I said, for me tax should be 13%. I just did a random search on ebay and added an ASM 129 to my cart. $70.48 in import charges on a $480 book. 14.68%. From the same seller, I added a random variant to my cart. $5.14 import charges on $35. 14.68%. OK. Now I remove the ASM 129 from my cart. Import charges on the variant go UP from $5.14 to $8.72. Now we are at 24.91% tax. Shipping charges remain consistent. This example repeats itself over and over again on ebay.

To me this defies logic and international law. If they are charging some sort of handling fee which accounts for the fluctuating rates that should be itemized. If they are collecting sales tax they are required to itemize that so businesses such as myself can claim the tax. If they are collecting sales tax, they are also required to remit that to the Canadian government. With the questionable accounting they present to the consumer I'm curious what they present to the various international tax authorities they are ostensibly collecting tax for.

On a side note, are you aware that your items are often repackaged in Kentucky by Pittney Bowes before being shipped out again? On two occasions I have had a seller quite surprised when I sent him photos of badly manged items I've purchased through GSP which came with practically no protection. Both times the sellers said that's not how they packed it. Other Canadians have relayed similar stories to me.

In short, I will no longer buy any item listed through GSP. If I see an item I really want, I will msg the seller and politely ask that they not use GSP. Most are happy to, especially when I explain my reasons. If they are adamant about using GSP, I move on to the next item.

42 minutes ago, slowdowntubby said:

I don't discount that people have tried to scam you, but I have to say the GSP is in my opinion itself a massive scam between Pitney Bowes and eBay. For me it's pretty straightforward. If I import goods into Canada I have to pay 13% sales tax. That is mandated by the federal government and I have no problem with it. As a business with a tax number I could recoup 100% of that tax if the GSP actually charged it as a tax. But it doesn't. GSP charges nebulous "import charges" that correlate to no known tax. 

As I said, for me tax should be 13%. I just did a random search on ebay and added an ASM 129 to my cart. $70.48 in import charges on a $480 book. 14.68%. From the same seller, I added a random variant to my cart. $5.14 import charges on $35. 14.68%. OK. Now I remove the ASM 129 from my cart. Import charges on the variant go UP from $5.14 to $8.72. Now we are at 24.91% tax. Shipping charges remain consistent. This example repeats itself over and over again on ebay.

To me this defies logic and international law. If they are charging some sort of handling fee which accounts for the fluctuating rates that should be itemized. If they are collecting sales tax they are required to itemize that so businesses such as myself can claim the tax. If they are collecting sales tax, they are also required to remit that to the Canadian government. With the questionable accounting they present to the consumer I'm curious what they present to the various international tax authorities they are ostensibly collecting tax for.

On a side note, are you aware that your items are often repackaged in Kentucky by Pittney Bowes before being shipped out again? On two occasions I have had a seller quite surprised when I sent him photos of badly manged items I've purchased through GSP which came with practically no protection. Both times the sellers said that's not how they packed it. Other Canadians have relayed similar stories to me.

In short, I will no longer buy any item listed through GSP. If I see an item I really want, I will msg the seller and politely ask that they not use GSP. Most are happy to, especially when I explain my reasons. If they are adamant about using GSP, I move on to the next item.

Here is the thing though.  While I actually see your point, I will never change that option over to do an eBay sale outside of GSP.  Never. Ever. The end result has been the following.  International sales are up and at the same time there are less headaches. 

If that means that you specifically will not shop with me then I am more than fine with that because the tradeoff is that there are others that will. I may have lost you as a potential customer but I have gained others and in the case of a lady from Australia some are repeat customers. 

Their charges that they impose on you is the cost of doing business just as the fees are the cost of doing business to me. What eBay does with the money and how it applies to international law is no more my problem than Comiclink charging a NYS sales tax on all auctions now even though that law does not go into effect for a few more months is yours. 

As far as packaging is concerned.  If eBay notices that an item is broken they are required to notify the seller before they ship it out of the US to its international destination.  If they do not then that falls on eBay if the seller claims the item is broken.  If the item is tied up in customs or moves slowly, the international seller can no longer file a claim that they have not received their item where the seller is liable.  So long as the item is received in the allotted time frame to the eBay center in Kentucky any delays or problems after that point eventually fall to eBay as eBay assumes the liability for that incident. 

Since working through the GSP I have not had any of the following incidents that have occurred in the past. 

• Buyer asking for the cheapest way to ship possible then filing a claim that the package has not been received. 
  • Buyers asking me to lie on the tax forms - when it gets searched it gets held up in customs if the paperwork is questionable 
  • Buyers making suspicious claims.
  • Buyers returning an alternate product. 

I am sorry that we cannot do business but I am not changing my policy in regards to this matter under any circumstances.   It's funny because I had a buyer inquire about a $1200 book that I recently sold but repeatedly said they would not buy it through the Global Shipping Program.  That was not an option.  He wound up moving on.  The book has not been available from anyone else on eBay so I know he didn't buy it from anyone else. Instead the book was recently sold domestically and currently resides on a nice farm out in the Midwest. If he really wanted it he would have adhered to the business policy of the eBay store.   Either way the book sold and the buyer left me positive feedback as he was very pleased with his purchase.  

6 hours ago, Cliff R. said:

Smart move. I don't know why more sellers don't list a few "buy it nows" when these discounts appear.  I did an Ebay search for "spider-man ebay 15" yesterday and it yielded 3 results.  The seller actually put it in the item title. That may not seem like a good idea to the Ebay buyers who didn't get the discount, though.

It was a lot of fun, like a race at the end...but I've listed stuff before when there is a sale and it's gotten lost, so this was just the right person at the right time;)

21 hours ago, lizards2 said:

I'm pretty sure this is what's called tax evasion through a criminal conspiracy.  2c

Now that everyone is talking about tax again, I see your point and agree completely 100%.  If someone is required to collect sales tax based on their sales tax nexus they absolutely should.  There are of course, 5 states in the US with no sales taxes.  There's the big secret.  Buyers in these remaining five states have no due requirement to pay tax on anything they buy because of their state law.  Tax nexus is based on the receiver/buyer's address.  If Michigan has a sales tax but I sell to someone in Oregon who has no tax liability, I can't charge them sales tax.  Are corporate or individual income tax rates higher in those states?  Without even looking I could almost guarantee it because those states need to collect taxes some other way.  

4 hours ago, 90sChild said:
On ‎3‎/‎13‎/‎2019 at 12:57 PM, lizards2 said:

Now that everyone is talking about tax again, I see your point and agree completely 100%.  If someone is required to collect sales tax based on their sales tax nexus they absolutely should.  There are of course, 5 states in the US with no sales taxes.  There's the big secret.  Buyers in these remaining five states have no due requirement to pay tax on anything they buy because of their state law.  Tax nexus is based on the receiver/buyer's address.  If Michigan has a sales tax but I sell to someone in Oregon who has no tax liability, I can't charge them sales tax.  Are corporate or individual income tax rates higher in those states?  Without even looking I could almost guarantee it because those states need to collect taxes some other way.  

Every state gets its pound of flesh.

8 minutes ago, BAT MAN said:

FYI 8% ebay bucks promo hitting today for orders >$25. Everything else is 6%.  Picked up some sweet Hulk comics. 

and if you get the offer and activate it, mine didn't "end" until March 22nd too..... that's 3 days :whee: 

4 minutes ago, drotto said:

Do you have the coupon code for the promo, or is it being sent individually?

It's not a "coupon" and no "code" .... it is just an offer that is "activated" via email or banner......so sent individually....

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

8 minutes ago, drotto said:

Anyone know how often they do the 10% stuff.  I had one a few weeks ago, but did not end up using it.

Usually at least once a month, but that said, they didn't have one in Jan nor Feb 

Edited by ADAMANTIUM