• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Two Jersey Shore Cons This Weekend -- 3/16 and 3/17

6 posts in this topic

I'm not sure if these each deserve their own threads, so I'm putting them in one. New Jersey has probably the most active comic book convention scene I've seen anywhere. You can find a show literally every weekend, and this one is no different. Unlike most of the others that cluster around the suburbs of New York City or Philadelphia, you have two near the ocean coming up.

On Saturday we have the Middletown Comic Book Show in Middletown, New Jersey. I've never done this one before so I can't tell you what to expect, but what I've heard is it's a nice family con -- lots of toys, newer books, artists, etc. And it's on a Saturday, which is not so common.

Middletown Comic Book Show
Saturday 3/16 -- 10 to 4
Middletown Arts Center
36 Church St Middletown, NJ 
www.middletowncomicshow.com

On Sunday, about an hour south down the shore is the Manahawkin Comic Book Show. This is a true shore town -- but it's one where people live year-round (and not just in the summer) -- and it really could use a regular show. This is the third one -- I did the last one -- and just like the one above, you're not going to find an Action #1 there, you will find a decent range of Silver to newer, Pops, toys, and the like. 

Manahawkin Comic Book Show
Sunday 3/17 -- 10 to 4
Mainland Holiday Inn
151 Rt 72E
Manahawkin, NJ
www.centraljerseycomicbookshows.com

1 minute ago, Bird said:

I’ve heard nice things about the Middletown show two I have never been but the gentleman who runs it is a fair guy who I’ve made a bunch of trades with

Shouldn't you be studying?

Just now, RCheli said:

Shouldn't you be studying?

I have about 400 index cards to go over. I can do about 15-30 minutes then let it sit for 3-5 minutes then back to studying. Otherwise it all runs together.