• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Corners of a few pages sticking together

10 posts in this topic

While going through a new find last year, I noticed that a few pages were sticking together at the very corners.  It is occurring in a few different spots at the lower right section/corner of the book.  Maybe as much as a 1/4" and as little as 1/16" in 5 or 6 areas.  As many as four pages in those areas.  I have been reluctant to try anything in regards to repairing or undoing this ugliness from my beautiful 3.5ish book, as I wish to do no further damage.  Any and all advice is much appreciated.  Maybe if I new proper terminology for this issue, I could find the info here or online which is undoubtedly available...Heck, maybe it is better in the long run to just leave it alone... Oh, the trials of the hobby.  Thank you very much, Chief.

IMG_4228.JPG

IMG_4230.JPG

On ‎3‎/‎13‎/‎2019 at 3:17 PM, Chief1332 said:

Is it something only a seasoned veteran can handle, or can a middle-aged newbie complete the tasks..?

Anyone can get them unstuck. The degree of residual damage is determined by the skill of the person working on the book. 

On 3/14/2019 at 9:01 PM, joeypost said:

Anyone can get them unstuck. The degree of residual damage is determined by the skill of the person working on the book. 

I'm still thinking about this book.  Could you elaborate about techniques to remedy this problem?  It has a decent amount of value, and I'd hate to screw it up.  Looking for insights and options.  Thank you.