• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Lynda Carter
1 1

10 posts in this topic

So Baltimore Comic Con 2017 had arranged for Lynda Carter to perform in concert (she sings and has a couple albums). The tickets for the concert were decently priced. They also had her listed among the celebrities for the show. 

BUT, if you wanted her to sign ONE item of your choice you had to also buy a “Platinum Package” for $1,000!!!! And it did NOT even include your admission to the con.

You could have also settled for the “Gold Package” at the princely sun of $400 which included a “pre-signed Wonder Woman ‘77 #1” that had been released around that same time. 

It was IMPOSSIBLE to obtain her autograph without buying one of those two packages and she didn’t appear outside of the concert. Period.

I don’t think she’s interested in doing signings anymore. Shame.

Edited by RadiantGraphix
Typos

22 hours ago, RadiantGraphix said:

So Baltimore Comic Con 2017 had arranged for Lynda Carter to perform in concert (she sings and has a couple albums). The tickets for the concert were decently priced. They also had her listed among the celebrities for the show. 

BUT, if you wanted her to sign ONE item of your choice you had to also buy a “Platinum Package” for $1,000!!!! And it did NOT even include your admission to the con.

You could have also settled for the “Gold Package” at the princely sun of $400 which included a “pre-signed Wonder Woman ‘77 #1” that had been released around that same time. 

It was IMPOSSIBLE to obtain her autograph without buying one of those two packages and she didn’t appear outside of the concert. Period.

I don’t think she’s interested in doing signings anymore. Shame.

It looks like it's going to be similar at FanX.  You will need to purchase the "superfan package" for photo ops and autographs.....

14 minutes ago, NamesJay said:

A package with Lynda Carter that included a photo opportunity with her, a pre-signed 8 x 10 photograph, as well as ticket to her show was sold for a $150 package price for the upcoming Orlando Mega Con. Unfortunately it sold out before I heard about it.

It's at fan expo Dallas too

Those prices are crazy! Decades ago, before the comic book/movie explosion, when she was kind of at the end of her career, I was able to get a signed 8&10 for free through the mail when I sent the photo and a SASE. Ditto a Tank Girl trading card from Lori Petty, and a few others. 

Cons are a great way to meet celebs in person; the huge negative is the cost to do so.