• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CGC Turnaround Time To Post Receiving

17 posts in this topic

I'm new to this.

How long does it typically take from the time CGC picked up your comic or comics at the PO Box to show they received it on "My Submission" Tracking Status Page?

Short answer:  based on my experience, between 2 - 6 days.

Long answer:  I don't think there is a typical time, or even a good way to hammer down an "expectation".  In the last 6 months, I've made 13 package submissions.  Sometimes the entry was reflected on the My Submissions page two days after USPS tracking shows the package as delivered (the quickest for me) and as late as 6 days (the longest for me).  This is for when the submission used to show "Verified" and the titles were listed (grades and other information was shown as N/A.) 

I have two packages that I sent for CCS pressing and have still only shown as "Received" with no titles populated (one of those was the two days from USPS delivery notification).  My guess is that this time frame depends on the current inventory being processed, and manpower to process it, so if you want to take my experience at face value, between 2 - 6 days.

Hope this helps!

DJ

On 3/12/2019 at 5:47 PM, Tambo said:

I'm new to this.

How long does it typically take from the time CGC picked up your comic or comics at the PO Box to show they received it on "My Submission" Tracking Status Page?

Here's another question in the same vein. I dropped off 4 books at the CGC booth at the C2E2 convention on Friday, March 22, 2019. As of today, three weeks have passed. Does this seem like a reasonable amount of time?

Joe

On ‎8‎/‎10‎/‎2019 at 1:41 PM, Lady Death Footstool said:

Thanks, I had the exact same question.  Package was delivered by UPS on Friday... so sometime next week I can expect the charge and plan on living off Cup O Noodles for a week right? :)

Could be this week...could be next week.  It just depends on how busy the folks at CGC are, and when they get to your box.  About the only safe bet is that it will sometime after today (if not already updated in the CGC system.)

Best of luck on your submission!

DJ

How long should it take for the status to change from "Received" to "Scheduled for Grading". One month after got my books, they finally acknowledged that they had them, but it still only shows that they have been "Received" since ever Nov 18th (another month more).

It really depends on a lot of factors.  If you sent in for a CCS pressing as well, then your books will sit at "Received" for quite some time (about 16-18 weeks).  After CCS pressing they will sit at "Received" until they move forward in the queue for grading.  If you didn't send in for CCS pressing, then you could see a change any day now.  It will also depend on the tier you signed up for.  I only have experience with the modern tier (except for some pressing in the Value tier, and I mentioned pressing above) and the longest my books sat in "Received" without pressing was 36 calendar days.  So it just depends on how busy they are.

I can not stress enough how important patience is in this process.  As long a time as I've waited for some of these, they always move forward in the process eventually.  You can always call or write to CGC with questions and while they normally can't give you day-by-day estimates, they can give you a rough )weeks) estimate on workload based on how you submitted.

Hope that helps and welcome to the boards!

DJ

Cool...I would expect you'd see a status change any day now (keep in mind the holiday season CGC may have reduced hours of business), but it never hurts to call CGC.  At best you know they have the books...that's always a plus.

Keep us posted on your situation!

DJ

im pretty sure the Todd signing deal and holidays slowed things down quite a bit- I had one submission that was sitting at "received" for 12 days go straight to "graded/quality control" - I have sig series books fast track that have been received for 22 days now--  good things come to those who wait (right?)-  happy holidays and 9.8s to all!

1 hour ago, Niko1975 said:

Hi cgc picked up my comics from the po box on November 3rd  but still didn't get the received status  should I be worried ?

Just to let you know they are gonna be pressed too.

I had two submissions arrive at the same time on 11/5. One is already scheduled for grading which happened on 11/6. But the second submission had not even been scanned as received. Kind of nervous, but your story makes me feel a bit better.