• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bernie Wrightson help
2 2

40 posts in this topic

I dont really have any Wrightson stuff-I searched ebay for affordable stuff like house of mystery but they are just like 3 pagers of Wrightson.  Anyone got a list of affordable Wrightson books that have all Wrightson interiors?

Bernie Wrightson Master of the Macabre 5 issue mini-series published in 1983 by Pacific Comics, contains reprints of many of his best works from the Warren magazines, plus additional content from Web of Horror, Badtime Stories, etc.  Very affordable.

List of contents by issue can be found here:  https://www.mycomicshop.com/search?TID=261541

Good luck!  (thumbsu

1 minute ago, Domo Arigato said:

Why does the kid look creepier than the ghoul outside his window?  :fear:

I dont blame the ghoul for being scared.

1 minute ago, Domo Arigato said:

Why does the kid look creepier than the ghoul outside his window? :fear:

Glad to see he knows how to handle a comic book tho

DC Special (1977 series), issues 2, 14 and 20, reprint the Wrightson issues as 'Original Swamp Thing Saga'.

A cheaper option.

Edited by Ken Aldred

2 hours ago, Domo Arigato said:

Why does the kid look creepier than the ghoul outside his window? :fear:

Drawn by a classic EC artist, Jack Kamen.

Much rougher-looking than his 50s style, which was much more polished; slicker-looking and heavily-shaded.

Although generally one of the more restrained of their horror artists, at times his characters could have quite sinister expressions.

Edited by Ken Aldred

7 hours ago, jjonahjameson11 said:

Bernie Wrightson Master of the Macabre 5 issue mini-series published in 1983 by Pacific Comics, contains reprints of many of his best works from the Warren magazines, plus additional content from Web of Horror, Badtime Stories, etc.  Very affordable.

List of contents by issue can be found here:  https://www.mycomicshop.com/search?TID=261541

Good luck!  (thumbsu

Check them out here (thumbsu

https://readcomiconline.to/Comic/Berni-Wrightson-Master-of-the-Macabre

I'd recommend finding a copy of Bernie Wrightson's Frankenstein. It's his greatest work. You can get a paperback copy on amazon for two bucks.

Keep an eye out for Berni Wrightson: A Look Back; it's long out of print and sells for crazy money, but it's a wonderful sampling of his 70s output.

1 hour ago, stock_rotation said:

I'd recommend finding a copy of Bernie Wrightson's Frankenstein. It's his greatest work. You can get a paperback copy on amazon for two bucks.

Keep an eye out for Berni Wrightson: A Look Back; it's long out of print and sells for crazy money, but it's a wonderful sampling of his 70s output.

just so Kav and others know: this is Mary Shelly's novel with Wrightson illustrations. The drawings are fantastic but it isn't a comic. The original trade is hard to find and expensive and to my knowledge has never been reprinted.

la-1490458895-xyhoekw71k-snap-image.jpg

6 minutes ago, Artboy99 said:

just so Kav and others know: this is Mary Shelly's novel with Wrightson illustrations. The drawings are fantastic but it isn't a comic. The original trade is hard to find and expensive and to my knowledge has never been reprinted.

la-1490458895-xyhoekw71k-snap-image.jpg

Yes it is. I got one for $30 yesterday. Couldn't believe my luck as it looks and described to be in amazing shape. Will post pics when I receive it