• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Deadpool 45 Phantom Variant

11 posts in this topic

So I bought these three issues at different times and they seem to all have the same issues on the corners. How bad could they get hit in grading or can this be considered a defect when the comic was cut? The books look great except for these corners. The comic book issue is thicker than a normal comic though. 

F79CF05F-9A1C-48BF-A0BB-E08964C42F35.jpeg

26C08A14-347A-4889-B484-A9C0681BD917.jpeg

DDC2C318-E026-4D2D-99F3-A8FE572D059B.jpeg

Edited by VowOne

2 minutes ago, Old_Man_Adam said:

Bummer - I have a signed CGC myself - but want to say it’s a 9.4? Maybe recent grading is more lenient 

With production flaws cgc can be lenient if it is across the board and on all books due to errors of when they were made...

13 hours ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

With production flaws cgc can be lenient if it is across the board and on all books due to errors of when they were made...

If an entire print run doesn’t manufacture any 9.9/10’s nobody bats an eye. If it doesn’t make enough 9.8’s everybody loses their minds... so they call the 9.6’s 9.8’s anyway; they share identical defects, so it’s fine. meh

27 minutes ago, Joosh said:
13 hours ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

If an entire print run doesn’t manufacture any 9.9/10’s nobody bats an eye. If it doesn’t make enough 9.8’s everybody loses their minds... so they call the 9.6’s 9.8’s anyway; they share identical defects, so it’s fine. meh

I'm not saying I have first hand knowledge, but it's what'd been perceived 

I can't explain why some are 9.8's with that defect, 9.8s are allowed flaws, but it would be egregious if cgc abandoned they're grading criteria....

Edited by ADAMANTIUM
spelling

37 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

I can't explain why some are 9.8's with that defect, 9.8s are allowed flaws, but it would be egregious if cgc abandoned they're grading criteria....

CGC has grading criteria??? :news:

3 minutes ago, F For Fake said:
41 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

CGC has grading criteria??? :news:

My superman lol I had heard cgc could be lenient, as I put it, over night I'm thinking..... well I need proof or I'm shouting at the clouds lol