• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Why is NYX More valuable than...
1 1

65 posts in this topic

51 minutes ago, the blob said:

Why is thanos 13 on the list? People barely care about regular ghost rider, they'll get tired of the cosmic one soon enough. X-23 has taken a decade plus to get here, has made her movie mark, etc.

Thanos #13 variant 9.8 sells for about $700. The thread was based strictly on value.

1 hour ago, ygogolak said:

Thanos #13 variant 9.8 sells for about $700. The thread was based strictly on value.

And I am saying why it isn't more than nyx. And was the OP talking about the variant?

Thanks for all the heavy lifting done by all of our respected boardies (seriously,) but you all forgot one thing:

She's a woman (approaching 52%) . . . :bigsmile: And, although mentioned and obvious . . .

She's freakin' WOLVERINE's daughter :sumo:

13 hours ago, divad said:

Thanks for all the heavy lifting done by all of our respected boardies (seriously,) but you all forgot one thing:

She's a woman (approaching 52%) . . . :bigsmile: And, although mentioned and obvious . . .

She's freakin' WOLVERINE's daughter :sumo:

How's WOLVERINE's freakin' son doing?

1 hour ago, ygogolak said:

How's WOLVERINE's freakin' son doing?

She was the cute and cuddly star of a movie and seems to have more comic book traction. I would normally say this is all madness, but I happen to accidentally own a NYX-3, so until that gets sold off, the pricing is totally rational and probably undervalued.

On 3/13/2019 at 12:09 PM, miraclemet said:

x-23 census: ~4200 copies graded, with 2700 of them at 9.6 or 9.8 (63% of census)

New Mutants 98: 16000+ copies graded with 7800 at 9.6 or higher (slightly under 50%) 

New Mutants 87:8700 copies graded with 3800 in 9.6 or higher (again under 50%)

Oddly enough, those numbers reflect total extant copies to a degree. New Mutants was both printed and sold in much higher numbers than NYX #3. There are perhaps 5 times or more copies of New Mutants #98 extant than NYX #3. Cap City orders for New Mutants #98 was 52k, back when Cap City was roughly 30% of the Direct market. Diamond's sales for NYX #3 was 40k, when Diamond was the only distributor to the Direct market, and there is no newsstand version.

1 hour ago, RockMyAmadeus said:

Oddly enough, those numbers reflect total extant copies to a degree. New Mutants was both printed and sold in much higher numbers than NYX #3. There are perhaps 5 times or more copies of New Mutants #98 extant than NYX #3. Cap City orders for New Mutants #98 was 52k, back when Cap City was roughly 30% of the Direct market. Diamond's sales for NYX #3 was 40k, when Diamond was the only distributor to the Direct market, and there is no newsstand version.

Hi RMA

Do you think a newsstand version carries more value or less?

On 3/16/2019 at 1:24 PM, RockMyAmadeus said:
On 3/16/2019 at 1:19 PM, Hollywood1892 said:

Hi RMA

Do you think a newsstand version carries more value or less?

Depends entirely on the book. Generic newsstand vs. generic Direct? No.

Right, it depends on the book.  Specific to New Mutants #87 and #98, there are fewer high grade newsstand copies.

3 hours ago, valiantman said:

Right, it depends on the book.  Specific to New Mutants #87 and #98, there are fewer high grade newsstand copies.

For any book around the time of Newsstand/Direct parity and after, I'd say Newsstands would get a slight premium. Granted there are far less run collectors than there used to be, but they do exist still. For someone who wants one of everything in a certain condition, high grade Newsstands are going to be tougher. Not a huge premium for non-keys, but supply and demands suggests at least a slight premium

I think Daken has a future and is potential investment zone. His 3rd claw and number one dark wolverine variant could one day be as valuable as nyx 3 and her djurjevic variant. Probably several years away as X-men won’t even likely be in mcu until 2021 according to what I’m hearing but if it does happen those books will become “unobtanium” (I still can’t believe that was the best word James Cameron, an amazing director could think of in avatar). 

1 hour ago, jason4 said:

if it does happen those books will become “unobtanium” (I still can’t believe that was the best word James Cameron, an amazing director could think of in avatar). 

The other options were:

Cantgetium

Handsoffium

Jamescamerium

Underthebigtreeium

Theoldladykeptthediamondium

I think he made the right choice. :kidaround:

15 hours ago, jason4 said:

I think Daken has a future and is potential investment zone. His 3rd claw and number one dark wolverine variant could one day be as valuable as nyx 3 and her djurjevic variant. Probably several years away as X-men won’t even likely be in mcu until 2021 according to what I’m hearing but if it does happen those books will become “unobtanium” (I still can’t believe that was the best word James Cameron, an amazing director could think of in avatar). 

"Unobtainium" is a term that precedes Avatar, so use of that would be acknowledging the term, rather than coining it.

19 hours ago, jason4 said:

“unobtanium” (I still can’t believe that was the best word James Cameron, an amazing director could think of in avatar). 

Agreed. It's a stupid word, invented by someone trying to be "cute", of which we certainly don't need more. It doesn't matter that it was already extant: he should have made up something more intelligent.

Same with the cringy people who use the cringy non-word "ginormous." I want to slap people who say that.

2 hours ago, RockMyAmadeus said:

Agreed. It's a stupid word, invented by someone trying to be "cute", of which we certainly don't need more. It doesn't matter that it was already extant: he should have made up something more intelligent.

Same with the cringy people who use the cringy non-word "ginormous." I want to slap people who say that.

You'd probably be slapped with a ginormous lawsuit. :insane:

4 hours ago, RockMyAmadeus said:

All words were non-words at one point, and then people started using them as words, and they became words.

It's not as cringy as "moist" is to some, though.