• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Yet Another Stan Lee Faker On Feebay - daviclar29_6

38 posts in this topic

11 minutes ago, Artboy99 said:

I cant believe people are that gullible to spend that much money on a dollar book simply because someone says it was signed by Stan Lee.

Seriously. There's a couple of his buyers that have bought a dozen or more books at a time. Ugh!

6 hours ago, jcjames said:

Seriously. There's a couple of his buyers that have bought a dozen or more books at a time. Ugh!

At $25 a pop. Could be some of his buyers are investigators gathering pieces bought for their forensics people to look at!

They're all forgeries. Each and every one. Not even a shred of doubt for anyone who is adept at identified Stan Lee's handwriting through the decades. Nothing here even remotely close for Lee. It's all garbage. You get what you pay for.

https://www.ebay.com/sch/daviclar39_6/m.html?item=264221827399&nordt=true&nma=true&hash=item3d84d92147%3Ag%3AwQwAAOSw8CJcexT4&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&si=U62yaoeFqpZI%2BK5ZqeqA4tEijiU%3D&_trksid=p2047675.l2562 

This is the same forger that was selling the signed Marvel comic cover posters that we discussed. Same handwriting. Here it is on his X-Men issue. Dead giveaway. Time to update his State Attorney General's file that I've been working on and sending additions to.

X125.jpg

Edited by James J Johnson

1 minute ago, aszumilo said:

If Stan really did sign these books, the seller is losing a lot of money.  Last I recall Stan was charging around $125 per signature.  This guy is selling right around $25 per book.  Sure sign these are fake.

The price is a tell. But not a sure sign in itself. The signature, none of these being written by Stan, is the sure sign. His forgeries wouldn't fool even the least capable authenticator. They're that obvious. If he at all valued his freedom, he wouldn't have posted even one of them where anyone could see it, let alone offer it and sell it!! They'll all come back to him in the end. No forger is this bad and get's away with defrauding so many buyers with so much bad ink, interstate, no less! It's as though he's eager to spend time either in Federal lockup or working at a real job to pay fines and restitution to victims of his fraud. Funny thing is that a judge would be within bounds to set restitution for $25 autographs at $125 each!! The cost to replace his fraudulent ones with a real ones for his victims, or more!! $20,000 worth of sales may very well cost him 5 to 7 times that amount in damages and restitution alone. He probably has nothing now to lose, but some day, he might, and then there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth. Were I a judge, that's where I'd set the restitution for each Stan Lee forgery he sold. Not what he was paid. Replacement value for a real one! And a judge does have the power to do that.

6 minutes ago, 1950's war comics said:

worse signature i have ever seen...

You've actually seen worse, though it is hard to believe that they do get even worse than this scrawl below. Remember the forgery shaped like a crucifix that was 5 times as big as this one, spanning about 1/3rd the area of the cover? :roflmao: 

Even funnier is that he doesn't stand back, take a semi-critical look at it, and then shred it! He actually posts it on ebay where everyone can see it. And sells it!!!!!  lol  That degree and brand of stupid is hard to fathom. No survival instinct whatsoever.  Devil may care! :devil:.  

Edited by James J Johnson

11 minutes ago, Gaard said:

I wonder why some people grow up to become so deceitful. The way they were raised? People around them as they grew up?

My buddy when i was 10 was always greedy and looking for ways to get over on people.  I guess its kids like that that grow up.  One time I saw 2 women that appeared to be sisters at starbucks.  Barista gave one the change-2 cents.  The other, who paid, gestured to tip jar.  The other sister gestured again here's your change.  Then another gesture to put it in tip jar.  The girl shrugged and put the 2 cents in her purse.  This was the greediest thing I ever saw.  They sat near me and talked about money the whole time.  

20 hours ago, aszumilo said:

If Stan really did sign these books, the seller is losing a lot of money.  Last I recall Stan was charging around $125 per signature.  This guy is selling right around $25 per book.  Sure sign these are fake.

Ok, that makes sense. Now it makes sense to me. Thanks!

24 minutes ago, Gaard said:

I've heard of 'the all powerful buck'. But 'the all powerful penny'?

I was just astonished watching the whole thing-I had the urge to say SOMETHING-but what???

1 hour ago, kav said:

My buddy when i was 10 was always greedy and looking for ways to get over on people.  I guess its kids like that that grow up.  One time I saw 2 women that appeared to be sisters at starbucks.  Barista gave one the change-2 cents.  The other, who paid, gestured to tip jar.  The other sister gestured again here's your change.  Then another gesture to put it in tip jar.  The girl shrugged and put the 2 cents in her purse.  This was the greediest thing I ever saw.  They sat near me and talked about money the whole time.  

isn't it as simple as putting yourself in someone else's shoes? What's the word, empathy?

My 19-20 year old nephew lives in my sister's Mcmansion in Houston. He had a brand new Jeep waiting for him as he got his learner's permit. He's never held a job. He got his girlfriend pregnant. They both kinda live there. Instead of taking care of his baby he plays Fortnight. They leave spilt stuff every were, never pick up after themselves and I worry my 92 year old mother living there will slip on something. I'm there a bit seeing my mom and I was shocked at his attitude towards the maids that came. He didn't speak to them, never offered them something to drink, a water, a coke. I stepped in and said "Thank you" to them for their help and made sure if they were hungry they had something to eat, thirsty something to drink. My sister was not raised that way because we were not. Social workers would take his baby away if he was poor. His room has left over lunchables thingees from months ago everywhere. Every meal is Whataburger which is left half eaten everywhere. He grabs a bottle of water, takes a sip and leaves the who thing just sitting around. Grabs another. Same thing. My mother who lived through the depression is shocked. I'm left speechless. 

3 minutes ago, NoMan said:

isn't it as simple as putting yourself in someone else's shoes? What's the word, empathy?

My 19-20 year old nephew lives in my sister's Mcmansion in Houston. He had a brand new Jeep waiting for him as he got his learner's permit. He's never held a job. He got his girlfriend pregnant. They both kinda live there. Instead of taking care of his baby he plays Fortnight. They leave spilt stuff every were, never pick up after themselves and I worry my 92 year old mother living there will slip on something. I'm there a bit seeing my mom and I was shocked at his attitude towards the maids that came. He didn't speak to them, never offered them something to drink, a water, a coke. I stepped in and said "Thank you" to them for their help and made sure if they were hungry they had something to eat, thirsty something to drink. My sister was not raised that way because we were not. Social workers would take his baby away if he was poor. His room has left over lunchables thingees from months ago everywhere. Every meal is Whataburger which is left half eaten everywhere. He grabs a bottle of water, takes a sip and leaves the who thing just sitting around. Grabs another. Same thing. My mother who lived through the depression is shocked. I'm left speechless. 

speechless.

10 minutes ago, NoMan said:

No offense but your nephew sounds like a real *spoon*.   I would have a talk with him, if her were in my family.   Time to put on the big boy pants.