• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Sony's JUMANJI: THE NEXT LEVEL (12/13/19)

57 posts in this topic

19 minutes ago, Bosco685 said:

It definitely wasn't as unique and funny as the first. But far from your 'no good' assessment.

:foryou:

Everyone has different taste in movie to be sure.  My wife thinks I've become overly critical of movies lately and maybe she is right.  I just cancelled my AMC membership since the number of movies I'd want to see in the theaters has dropped quite a bit over the last 6 months to the point it just was not worth the $20 a month.  The recent Jumanji wasn't terrible it just fell flat to me and felt very forced with the old guy jokes and i got more entertainment from Lost In Space and Witcher so I'd call it a dude.  But I'm glad you liked it :)

4 minutes ago, 1Cool said:

Everyone has different taste in movie to be sure.  My wife thinks I've become overly critical of movies lately and maybe she is right.  I just cancelled my AMC membership since the number of movies I'd want to see in the theaters has dropped quite a bit over the last 6 months to the point it just was not worth the $20 a month.  The recent Jumanji wasn't terrible it just fell flat to me and felt very forced with the old guy jokes and i got more entertainment from Lost In Space and Witcher so I'd call it a dude.  But I'm glad you liked it :)

I had a feeling the change in direction (inserting grandpa and his friend in key roles and then transitioning to the female actress) would have impact on some people for sure. That was a big shift.

But for me, they turned it around to make it funny. Including seeing Dwayne Johnson trying to do Bronx talk.

Saw this movie tonight, it was fun.  While I don't think it was as good as the first one, I do think this was a decent enough sequel.  I have to say that much like in the first one Jack Black did a great job in this one of portraying either "Fridge" or "Bethany".  Kevin Hart did a good job as "Milo (Danny Glover)", but Dwayne Johnson was the weak leak for the impersonations "Grandpa Freddie (Danny DeVito)".