• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Netflix's THE WITCHER (12/20/19)
4 4

249 posts in this topic

After the speculation about the release date blew up, Video Games Chronicle received a statement about the possible release date of The Witcher. Netflix didn’t say whether or not the release date was real but insisted that the release date had not yet been confirmed. The company did confirm that the social media posts actually happened though, so if you see one of the screenshots like the one below floating around, it’s legit.

“The launch date for The Witcher has not yet been confirmed,” Netflix told Video Games Chronicle. “The post was made by Netflix accounts in the Netherlands in error, and not all of the information contained in it is accurate/final.”

I like how they say "based on the best-selling novels." Which is technically true. but it's obvious to anyone who has played the video games that they are adapting the games. They just just don't want the stigma of being a video game adaptation, because those are always horrible. 

3 hours ago, Crimebuster said:

I like how they say "based on the best-selling novels." Which is technically true. but it's obvious to anyone who has played the video games that they are adapting the games. They just just don't want the stigma of being a video game adaptation, because those are always horrible. 

Let’s just hope they didn’t adapt the story from my gameplaying experience or they’re gonna have to have a lot of breaks in the action for Geralt to stop at every brothel he comes across, and for him to challenge everyone he meets to a round of Gwent...