• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Netflix's THE WITCHER (12/20/19)
4 4

248 posts in this topic

After yesterday’s ovation for Marvel and Star Wars, you would think that the CCXP crowd couldn’t get any louder. Well, they outdid themselves Sunday during the Netflix panel. A sizzle reel of the best streaming platform’s greatest hits played, ending with The Witcher, which received enormous praise from the crowd, but once the show’s star Henry Cavill stepped on the stage to surprise the audience, they were unhinged with joy.

Show creator Lauren Schmidt Hissrich joined Cavill for the surprise as they talked about the adaptation of the namesake fantasy novels that has gained a rabid following. Cavill, who plays the grim Geralt of Rivia admits that he was a fan of the novels. As for Hissrich, she loved the fantasy but wanted the fighting and action to move the story forward.

“I knew I wanted to make a show about family. It’s about Geralt, Ciri and Yen… that’s what I care about most,” said Hissrich.

And her approach to the series folds in perfectly with the synopsis of the series which touts The Witcher as an “epic tale of fate and family. The story of the intertwined destinies of three individuals in the vast world of The Continent, where humans, elves, witchers, gnomes, and monsters battle to survive and thrive, and where good and evil is not easily identified.”

I watched all 8 episodes already. Couldn't help but to push through and complete the journey. I liked it a lot. And I have never played the games or read the books.

Episode 4 throws you off for a moment, until you realize it takes you back in time (noting that to help people - not to spoil anything). Other than that. flows together quite nicely. I can see why Netflix renewed it so quickly.

I got The Witcher 3 free on PSN a couple of months ago. Pretty cool game, actually. Definitely going to give the show a watch now. Didn't realize the series was book based either.